Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: my home

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

ok im bored of my current layout on my homepage ... see below link in my signature..

I am going to remake it and add some new sections.. any suggestions?

I feel the site loads slow for people so im going to remake it going on the speady side of things like normal. But i was wonduring if i had loads of tiny images wud they load quicker? or if i had 1 big image.. ??

It confuses me cause loads of sites have big layouts and they download so quick! any ideas plz ah thank you
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Member #
    Do you mean just slicing the image apart a lot? The only time you can save space like that (that I know of) is if you have one area of your picture that needs a higher resolution than others and then give the rest of the slices higher compression. I would say image compression and format choices would be the main thing - slicing may make the individual images load faster that may make it seem like the page is loading faster but otherwise it should be about the same.

If there's transparent parts of you image of a significant size, slicing them out will of course speed things up a little.
    Nothing to see here

Member #
    Personally I like it. but to make your page load faster I suggest the places with Solid collor you use just the bgcolor of the table and only use images for the transitional parts.

Member #
    You're site's size isn't very large at all: I saved your homepage as a webpage in IE, and the total file size came out to be around 60kb. Most commercial sites you see are alot larger (WDF I believe is about 100kb, as are sites like CNN.com, MSN.com and other such portals). The reason your site is so slow is probably because of your host: geocities hosts thousands, probably millions of sites, and yours is just one of them. If you go with a paid host, your speed is very likely to increase.

Member #
    The site is too large...I was disappointed in the slow speed of the site coming up. Try making it smaller. I like the layout out though.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    thanx for all the replies.. I have tried to use bgcolor to the maximum. I sliced that site up and resized it about 4 times to make it as speedy as possible...

It probably is just geocities... i will be buying a domain as soon as my kirmandesign website is finished

I'll make a layout during tonite and post it up on geocities and we will see the time it takes

thnx again
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You really need proper hosting.... what is all that garbage about Yahoo in the bottom left?

You can get paid hosting for next to nothing, and a co.uk domain only costs £3/year so why wait?

Sean

Member #
    Reminds me of when I had a page on angelfire - it took about 5 minutes to load (I had a crap connection at the time as well) but when I moved hosts it took about 30 seconds...
    Nothing to see here

Remove Ads