Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Advice for my latest design.

This is not a functioning website yet. It is just my PSD mock up. I'm designing it for a web app, so don't worry about the buttons and things that you don't know the purpose of.

Namely, I would like to get suggestions on what to do with this space between the header and the content/ad spaces. Here are two images for you to see what I'm talking about. It's the one part that's stumping me from moving forward.

View image: 1

I think it is necessary to have something above the content. But anything I've put there just seems out of place.

View image: 2

Whereas this one could work, it seems like it's missing something!

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    If anything I would suggest a navigation or a filtering system. Allowing the user to narrow down the content they see.

This obviously is me making assumptions as to what I am seeing. What does the visitor "need" dont put something there just for the hell of it. Everything in a design must serve a purpose. "Taking up space" is not a purpose. Without knowing more about the site and its functionality I am just blindly throwing this filter idea out to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Don't know if I will build it on WP or not yet. I need to edit it because this page will be seen when the user is logged in.

The user will log on and see the posts which are essentially ads. The little eye buttons are for the user to click-and-hold to verify a view of an ad. Once the user clicks-and-holds the button for X amount of seconds the view is verified and points are awarded to the user.

The posts/ads will be active for only a set amount of days and then archived or deleted. There will be no search functionality because it defeats the purpose of what I'm building. So the navigation idea is out. There will be no more than 10 posts/ads viewable at one time. (And the archived ones won't be public.

Remove Ads