Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: please review my website

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

please review my website

Hi,

I have made a website called freesoftwarecoupons.com , it is far from being professional, I used wordpress, and only used free plugin and theme. I thought it is important to have some professional point of view on the design but special on how much trust and feel safe to use it,Whether it is user friendly or not?, since it is bussiness related, I need as many oppinion as possible

Free Software Coupons

regards,

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    We try to only review sites created by the person posting it. You are asking us to review someone elses work. I dont see very many changes you could have made. The biggest thing i see that is different is you have broken the mobile nav somehow. It appears twice above and bellow your name. Theres also some kind of padding or margin issues on mobile.

The theme you chose was also a weird choice considering you didnt do many changes. Its very plain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    We try to only review sites created by the person posting it. You are asking us to review someone elses work. I dont see very many changes you could have made. The biggest thing i see that is different is you have broken the mobile nav somehow. It appears twice above and bellow your name. Theres also some kind of padding or margin issues on mobile.

The theme you chose was also a weird choice considering you didnt do many changes. Its very plain

hi, Vapr_Arts I don't know from where you came up with the idea that this is someone else's work, I don't know what to say ! but it is my website
    anyway I have changed the theme and made other changes if you like to have another look thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Dude...it's not your site. It's not your theme, it's not your content, and it's not unique. It's a thin affiliate site. That's all it is.

You may have put some pieces together to make a site, but there's nothing at all that makes it distinctly yours. It's a low-risk, low-reward, waste of time.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    As you can see theGame is a lot more blunt with his responses, essentially this was what I was trying to say.

What I meant by the work isn't yours is exactly what he is saying. You have taken a theme and uploaded it to a site. Now I am not going to tell you that you are wasting your time, you are, but I dont feel like its my place to tell you that. Theres nothing wrong with taking a theme to create a website if thats all you can do. It is however wrong for you to then ask for a review of the site since you have done no work at all.

TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I have no patience for things like this anymore. I get that people want to make money and they want to resell other people's products to do it. I have no problem whatsoever with that. I have a big problem, however, with the mindlessness of "slap together a site, dump affiliate content into it, and call it a genius business model." WordPress has created a whole new generation of these blights, and even if I'm the only one who will speak out against them, I really don't care anymore.
    Vapr_Arts likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    I have no patience for things like this anymore. I get that people want to make money and they want to resell other people's products to do it. I have no problem whatsoever with that. I have a big problem, however, with the mindlessness of "slap together a site, dump affiliate content into it, and call it a genius business model." WordPress has created a whole new generation of these blights, and even if I'm the only one who will speak out against them, I really don't care anymore.
    I both completely understand and agree. I can also see after being on here for the little amount of time that I have been here how you could have no patients for it. I feel like its not my place because these people will just chalk it up as just someone "hating" on their idea. The types of people that do this don't seem to take criticism very well and usually gotta learn the hard way.

Remove Ads