Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fireproofgfx

Thread: Need help with color and design of website

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Need help with color and design of website

Hi, I am needing help figuring out what's wrong with my website. If someone will please look at it for me it's www.memorylocketsandmore.com thank u!

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Ill start with design. The images are not responsive so although it seems like everything else is, the images are making it look all wonky. You have a really bold font. I would use something softer and a little more elegant. The text itself has weird line breaks that make it really hard to read on mobile. The background for your navigation gives me a headache. Id remove that and just add a background color or something simple. Less is more in most cases with design. Im not a fan of the box that your products are in on your shop page. On mobile the products are very small. The photography itself could be done better.

As far as colors are concerned I'd start by not using a pure black. I tend to try to not use pure black or pure white on designs. Take a look at google for example, you might assume that is pure white but they have ever so slightly changed it so that its not so harsh on the eyes. I wouldn't use black as a background at all to be honest. Nor would I use those vibrant colors I would go for a light background and lighter colors. Your product lends itself to be more "cute" and "delicate" but your colors feel more aggressive.

My advice is the same as I give to everyone else. Consider looking at other sites like yours. Look at who you are competing against and see what works for them.

I am on mobile so some of the layout issues probably correct themselves on desktop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    <h2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs p;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Welcome to Memory Lockets!</h2>

Seeing this makes me believe you are in way over your head to be honest.
    Vapr_Arts likes this.

Member #
    Yeah, I am not trying to be rude, but it's not good. Are you doing this for a client or for yourself?

Member #
    Aesthetics wise, the navigation bar at the top could be highlighted and made to look like a bar. This would also frame out the page a bit. it kinda just floats about with no lines for the eye to follow. The main heading could be more artistic instead of just plain text.
    the samples of your lockets should take up most of the image space as the busy backgrounds reduce the impact of what your actually selling.
    Also I would learn a bit more about writing sales orientated text as it doesnt really have any impact or create much interest.
    for example I wouldnt write "compared to other locket companies...." Thats useless negative information. You can simply say " Our products are of the highest quality and Our prices are amazing." You dont want any words on the page that are just clutter, its a sales pitch not a story. And people are lazy and get dis interested easy.
    You have to always keep in mind that someone may just get a 5 second glimpse of your site and if you dont get their attention straight away most people just pass on buy. Catch their eye instantly and then keep it there as long as possible. Youll be guaranteed to drive more enquiries or sales.
    Last edited by bullfrog; Oct 03rd, 2015 at 06:54 AM.

Remove Ads