Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 2 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 2 Post By bizeeo

Thread: Please critique my website

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please critique my website

Hey everyone,can you critique my website layout,,design, actually everything and give advice msktc.kz better watch with chrome on desktop or notebook and translate to english
    Thanks for future advice)

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    So what you have done here is asked us to review someone else's work, which is something we don't do. The first thing most of us do when asked to review a site is check if its using a theme. In which case you are, and haven't done any real changes to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    In case anyone is wondering what Vapr_Arts is talking about, this is the theme.
    bizeeo likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    At least you could make it responsive, if the original theme was responsive...Chapelco - March 2013 Template Demo

Other than this everything has been said.
    It`s a theme.
    None of your work.
    Just a theme.

Member #
    yeah i know that is template,i'm not saying that whole my work,if i make responsive that would be ridicilous ,so by the way how it looks like visually

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    IT'S A THEME. It doesn't matter how it looks visually. It's not your work, and it's not original.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

Please critique my website

What theGame is saying is it looks like you used a theme. Thats how it looks. Why should we say "oh it looks great I love how you did this or did that" when you didnt do anything?

You are also falling into the idea that a sites design is how it looks visually. Design is not only how something looks but also how it works. Steve Jobs said something along those lines and its absolutely true.

For example. If an architect build an amazing beautiful bridge, but as soon as anything tried to cross it it collapsed that would be a poorly designed bridge and it would be hard to argue otherwise.

You haven't designed anything for us to critique. If you had built it yourself we could point out mistakes you made, but honestly you havent made one decision. You didnt even pick a different color scheme or create unique icons. You site aside from the text is exactly like anyone else's that uses that theme.

I am on the fence with the next statement I am going to make, but its not completely wrong to use a template and good things can come from them when they are your only option. With that said its not really fair for us to critique something you had no part in making.

Also, why is making it responsive ridiculous? Have you noticed how many different sized screens there are? Even if you didn't want the site viewed on mobile, not every desktop monitor is the same size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Vapr_Arts; Oct 14th, 2015 at 01:42 PM.
    bizeeo and TheGAME1264 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I agree with Vapr_Arts regarding responsive design.

If a website is not responsive, you have most likely eliminated more than 50% of your potential visitors. In part, because Google considers a "Mobile-friendly" website a positive ranking signal. It's a better user experience. Sites that are not responsive typically do not rank as well.

Also, Google now identifies links in the search results on mobile devices with a textual label of "Mobile-friendly". Mobile users are savvy, and even if they clicked deep enough into the SERP for your link to appear, most likely they won't click it.

Mobile-friendly Web Design.jpg

Lastly, if the lack of a "Mobile-friendly" designation doesn't prevent them from clicking through to your website, as soon as they are aware that pinching and zooming, and horizontal scrolling is required to view your content, most visitors will back out immediately.

I took a look at your default theme's features and it is identified as being fully responsive. It's probably nothing more than a mouse click to enable responsive behavior. Update: I just checked and it appears you have done so.

And again, agreeing with Vapr_Arts, when designing a website you MUST think in terms of multiple viewing ports. There is no longer such a thing as a "default" view. It's just like an architect designing a structure, he or she might be working on a 2-D view, but must be able to visualize the design in 3-dimensions on-the-fly.

It took me a while to adapt, but I now ALWAYS use a "mobile-first" design approach. If I'm considering whether or not to include a particular design element, feature, or functionality, the tie-breaker always goes to the smartphone device.

As for using a theme or template, I have no problem at all with that, just be sure to make it your own.
    TheGAME1264 and Vapr_Arts like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    That's a heck of a first post. I don't agree with all of it, but I definitely agree with the majority of it and I like the fact that you actually put thought and time into it. Big up ya'self!

Remove Ads