Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Please help review our new website =]

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.8 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.3 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Talking Please help review our new website =]

Hey everyone!

Our web design agency website is launching soon, we're at the final stage of testing and clearing out all the pesky bugs. :redcarded:

If we could spare 10 minutes of your time, we hope you can test out our website and let us know your thoughts.

Please rate us from 1-10 on the following categories:
    Loading Speed:
    Usability:
    Design:
    Bugs/Issues: Did you encounter any problem while browsing our website?
    Your comments: Any feedback good or bad is always welcome.

Thank you for your time!

Best regards,
    Adam Lee
    Last edited by adam_ag; Oct 31st, 2015 at 09:46 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    It looks like a theme to me. Maybe someone else can identify it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    It could be a theme, but let`s say that it`s your own work.

Menu - why do I see the Menu icon as if I were on a mobile?
    I want to see directly what I can click on - it`s useless IMHO to have a hidden menu, when there is so much place on full width display..

Also, the loading speed/server response takes usually multiple seconds (sometimes even as much as 15 or so) which makes it almost impossible for someone to walk through (Usually the project pages were the ones I had troubles with - Wyatt Architectural Millshop | AdorableGeeks)
    And I expected at least some text on the project detail pages..images alone won`t cut it I am afriad.
    adam_ag likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    The type of menu the site has seems to becoming very popular with businesses.
    We've built three business sites in the last month that wanted that menu and have request from more clients wanting it. One of them was a large corporate law firm.

That type slider can sure make a site load slow sometimes and act funky. We try to discourage a client from using it. In my opinion the site doesn't tell me much about the core part of their business.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Oct 15th, 2015 at 10:28 AM.
    adam_ag likes this.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    The fonts and "Learn More" button on the landing page could use some tweaking and the contact page was operating kind of slow on my system. Clicking the "Learn More" buttons created the slowest load time. Clicking the hamburger didn't bother me.

The design doesn't scream "AdorableGeeks" to me but I'm okay with that.

Pretty, sleek, and trending it up some still some good work.
    adam_ag likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    There's not much original here. The sliders, videos, revolving icons, overlays, huge images etc. distract from the fact that There is very little content of substance.
    Game - it is a theme, looks like it was built using Thesis as the base. that one uses skins.

It loads very slowly on my computer - I think the huge images and videos add to the load times - maybe they should be optimized some more.

I'm surprised that the "view project" links in the portfolio don't go to the actual projects. I was interested enough to Google a couple of the projects - for most I couldn't find anything that looked remotely like what was in the portfolio, but one had a Facebook link in the Google results and I did get to the site from there -it was the one for "Detail City", and it loaded slow, was built on a theme purchased from Themeforest, Again, an example of someone using available purchased elements, repackaging, and selling as original work.
    TheGAME1264 and adam_ag like this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Thanks, Mare. I knew someone would be able to help validate my suspicion.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Designing a web site or SEO information identifies the absolute answer.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    And starfish have no brains. What does that have to do with anything?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i like the logo and theme concept ,
    adam_ag likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads