Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey all,
    I was just wondering what you guys thought of my new Layout for my webpage, the url is: http://www.geocities.com/kmdmsn/newtestindex.html
    Give me your comments and suggestions and things that I might need to fix before I actually make it my main home page.
    Regards
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    It's not bad, but it's pretty basic. The buttons are pretty big. Making them smaller, and designing some mouseovers would help. And some images would spruce up the site. Your banner is just text, which is kinda plain.

Nice start, keep it up.

Member #
    I agree with splufdaddy, it's not a bad effort, just very basic. Is the entry page the only page you wanted us to comment on as the pages that link off of it dont follow your design. As above the buttons are a bit on the huge size, I think they let it down. Why not add some good images and a bit of color to the site, it would make all the difference!

Good start!
    The future will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.

Member #
    Better than the last
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    Lets see what some content looks like in that sucker! It would help us see what the site design looks like with meat.
    Nothing to see here

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't mind the fact that it's plain myself. Makes it easier to distinguish the content and then read it. My issue is with the menu buttons. The text within the buttons varies in size and isn't all aligned to the same vertical baseline.

You may also have a problem based on the last three letters with a certain company who might have a micro-dispute about your usage of them, albeit a very soft one.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    If you're looking for opinions on more than the main page, then you definitely need a consistent theme. It's very jarring having the menu disappear when you leave the main page; you need to duplicate it across all pages.
    ~CGameProgrammer( );

Member #
    Make your navgiation buttones smaller - and the text on them the same size -that way they look more consistent. If yu could put some content in - perhaps using CSS styling, then we can give you a better analysis.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    New Layout up!

Hey,
    As you may know, you have given me some suggestions on how to improve the new layout I have, by adding text and stuff like that. Here's the layout that yall have wanted to see with text in it. http://www.kmdmsn.tk Give me some suggestions on how to improve it if I can. I have made the buttons smaller and added text so you could say that those q's have been answered so please give me some comments and or suggestions.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    I merged your post with your original thread. In the future, when you've made updates to a site, you can post the update notice in the same thread you originally made. That way we can see what suggestions were already made, and keep all comments for the same website in one thread.

As for this layout, it's very basic and square. The drop shadows you have are too large. Add some color! I would recommend against the all blue layout, I would go for something lighter, that you can add colors to a little easier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads