Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is my first post so I need some feedback as to layout and design.
    The two sites I created are for the same parent company. The sites are:
    www.tmccycles.com and
    www.thundermountainharley.com

Any comments either positive or negative would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    A Webmonkey

Member #
    TMCCycles site comes out blurry and fuzzy to me. Don't like much of the layout.
    The second site I like alot, I prefer the 2nd one then the first.

Member #
    Your first site required flash, and flash isn't enabled on the computer I'm using right now. The second site looks much more professional. In mozilla, part of the navigation running across the top is not aligned to the top, but other than that, looks good.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Regarding tmccycles.... you have a LOT of reusable images in your outer frame, but you're loading up new images on EVERY page that people visit.... that makes it way more of a burden to download than it could be. You should define an outer "frame" of images that are common to every page and reuse them from page to page so the visitor doesn't have to wait for the WHOLE THING to load for EVERY PAGE

Member #
    The second layout for sure, the colours of the first lack OOOOMPH! and as mentioned above looks fuzzy. The second is a lot cleaner and a lot more pro looking, but check it out in Netscape 7 as there are a couple of gaps and ma-alignments.
    Nothing to see here

Member #
    Definately go with the second site, as said above the first is fuzzy, I think it also lacks professionalism.

The second one is clean, looks pro and I find it a lot more usable!
    The future will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.

Member #
    Re: Two Sites

Thanks for all the help on my two sites, I agree with Transio about the reuseable code. On this project I was working with a lot of image slicing and I got lost in trying to get a "look and feel" and didn't pay a lot of attention to function. I think at this point I'm going to do a complete re-write of the tmccycle site and design it along similar lines of the harley site (as they are owned by the same company) The tmccycle site is also a bit of a pain from a maint. aspect. I'm just a one man show so sometimes I get lost in my own little space, glad to have you guys and gals here for feedback. Any other comments on the two sites would be appreciated.
    Thanks again
    A Webmonkey

Member #
    The seccond one looks pritty good, a couple things tho: bright red just burns my eyes, you probably want to make the left nad nav stand out a bit more with an image (tho it might be kindo difficult to find the right shape and what not). And the red italic text in the main section looks wierd try to mess around with the colors/fonts a bit it looks a bit off.

Remove Ads