Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

We would love to get your ideas and feedback on our website

Hi There,

My name is Anandamayi. I have been building the website for my spiritual teacher, and his ashram in Australia.

We run charitable programs, and the Ashram is a place where people can come to visit, take part in events, and in future there will be accommodation to live.

Our website should look inspiring, and professional, and offer a resource to people who are looking for that type of thing.

here is our website:

The Meditation Farm Ashram, home of Spiritual Master, Avinash Do - The Meditation Farm Ashram, Towards Self Realisation

I really appreciate anyone that has time to look at the website, and give your feedback on how it looks, and any suggestions of the overall style, or specific things.

We are about to start to build a new website using wordpress. (our current website is weebly). So feedback will be really appreciated for the building of our new site!!!

My best wishes to you!

Sincerely,

Anandamayi

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    The main problem is that it is not responsive. Otherwise it is quite well-organised, all information is easy to find, user friendly.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hiitsme View Post
    The main problem is that it is not responsive. Otherwise it is quite well-organised, all information is easy to find, user friendly.
    Thanks so much for having a look!

Were all the pages non responsive?? Or just the home page?

And do you know - does that mean my server is slow, or that I have too much content for my server to handle at fast speeds?

Thanks so much!

Anandamayi

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Some of your links are missing capitalization and some are not. I'm not so sure about the yellow maybe creating a pastel from it would help, maybe not. A nice web page, tailored, easy to follow. You maybe don't need to have a cart link but it's not a big deal to me. I liked the page. Many 5 stars.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    No, by responsiveness I mean responsive web design, yours doesn't look good when reducing screen size (you might have a mobile version though, but still responsive design is pretty much a standard now), nothing to do with loading speed. That is something to consider when rebuilding it.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    It does have a mobile version, or at least an attempted one. Its poorly done though. Things are overlapping and its very cluttered. Little to no whitespace.

I feel like this was a template? Or the mobile version was created using something other than natural coding. The nav bar looks too large and a lil outdated if you ask me. The header section under that is about the size of an ad and i assumed it was one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Looking at the code i see there are a couple of references to cdn1.editmysite.com - I know that this CDN is used by weebly - is this a weebly site? If so, there's a limit to how much customization can be done.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by flowboat View Post
    Some of your links are missing capitalization and some are not. I'm not so sure about the yellow maybe creating a pastel from it would help, maybe not. A nice web page, tailored, easy to follow. You maybe don't need to have a cart link but it's not a big deal to me. I liked the page. Many 5 stars.
    Hi Flowboat!

Thanks so much for your time and your review.

Thats great - ill check through all the links.

When you say 'yellow', do you mean the moto in our logo on top of each page? Do you suggest a more bold colour to be more easily read?

Bummer is - yes it is a weebly site - i dont know how to remove the cart link. I can ask weebly!

Thank you again,

Best wishes,
    Anandamayi

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hiitsme View Post
    No, by responsiveness I mean responsive web design, yours doesn't look good when reducing screen size (you might have a mobile version though, but still responsive design is pretty much a standard now), nothing to do with loading speed. That is something to consider when rebuilding it.
    Oh. Thanks for the clarification. I really appreciate your help with that feedback, it is a big factor that we havent yet planned - the mobile version and small screen size.

So... can I ask you... if its the computer version, what do people do these days to make their site response, so it still looks good in smal - ie the images and text, how do you still read it?

Thanks,

Anandamayi

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    It does have a mobile version, or at least an attempted one. Its poorly done though. Things are overlapping and its very cluttered. Little to no whitespace.

I feel like this was a template? Or the mobile version was created using something other than natural coding. The nav bar looks too large and a lil outdated if you ask me. The header section under that is about the size of an ad and i assumed it was one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Vapr,

Thanks for your time and review. Yes, its a weebly template. We didnt do anything for the mobile version, I think it automatically generated one.

Im glad for your feedback to know that we need to specifically customize the mobile version.

When you say header section under the nav bar... do you mean the drop down menu under the nav bar (sorry for my really basic questions... im just not too experienced and not 100% sure what bit you are referring to).

Thanks for you time.

Anandamayi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads