Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

www.quicklance.com We built the site with the freelancers in mind. I would really really appreciate any feed back.

Member #
    Nice looking site. Once I clicked on a link and got into your site, I couldn't find a link to get back to the homepage. The homepage looks nice, it's very graphical, with the exception of the space above the head of the man and the woman. There's just some "Welcome to Quicklance" text. I dont know what else you could put there, but it looks a little bland compared to the rest of the site. Also, the text in the nav that's going across the top is very misaligned. It's sitting in the bottom right corner of the box, it should be centered IMO.

These are just some small issues, nice site overall!

Member #
    Yea nice site overall. Sounds interesting of the bussiness you got going down, I'd join but I'm not what you call "professional" =P and plus I don't have money =P

Well nice overall. Onething bout the bar at the bottom, I suggest you expand across like the top picture is...

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Originally posted by quicklanceTay
    PS it's free to register, you can do everything but bid on a project. You have to pay to bid.
    I don't get it. You mean you don't charge people to give you their personal information, but you charge them to get anything useful for you?

Basically about a year ago I quit elance and creative moonlighter because of the cost of those sites
    I don't get it.... doesn't your site cost money, too?

I'm the owner of www.quicklance.com
    I don't get it... isn't the name just a rip of "eLance" ???

I wish to accomplish two things with this thread.
    1.) Get opinions and feed back about the site.
    2.) Maybe get a few of you to sign-up.
    I don't get it.... isn't that an ADVERTISEMENT??

Member #
    For the design:

- LOVE the punchy colours - something thats usually lacking in designs!
    - Love the simplicity, nice and minimal with great use of negative space.

No crits design wise.
    Nothing to see here

Member #
    Wow, thanks everyone! I really didn't know if people would see that I tried to make the design simple and clean. I had another designer tell me it looked nothing like any of my other site. it was way to basic and plain looking. Ouch! lol

I'm still working on some of it. it's not 100% finished but it was ready for real people, and I've already discovered some new features I want to add, based on some feed back I've gotten.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    quick,

Stop advertising your site. Even if you're open about your motivations to get us to sign up, you're still breaking the rules. This is your first and only warning regarding this.

The purpose of these forums is to assist others with web design issues, not to get people to use our services. I suggest that if your intention is to be a member of these forums, you read the rules for posting here.

Thanks

Member #
    Originally posted by transio
    quick,

Stop advertising your site. Even if you're open about your motivations to get us to sign up, you're still breaking the rules. This is your first and only warning regarding this.

The purpose of these forums is to assist others with web design issues, not to get people to use our services. I suggest that if your intention is to be a member of these forums, you read the rules for posting here.

Thanks
    I moderate three car related forums myself. I stated exactly my intentions and was not warned until now. I would still like feed back about the site.

I "quickly" removed all information about the site you might consider advertising.

Member #
    Originally posted by splufdaddy
    Nice looking site. Once I clicked on a link and got into your site, I couldn't find a link to get back to the homepage. The homepage looks nice, it's very graphical, with the exception of the space above the head of the man and the woman. There's just some "Welcome to Quicklance" text. I dont know what else you could put there, but it looks a little bland compared to the rest of the site. Also, the text in the nav that's going across the top is very misaligned. It's sitting in the bottom right corner of the box, it should be centered IMO.

These are just some small issues, nice site overall!
    Good comments about the large space on the frist page.

The text on the buttons are suppost to be in the bottom left. Most of my sites are of the utltra cool type Anyway centering text in the middle of a button was so last year.:classic:

Thank you for your help

Member #
    Centering is last year? Centering is visually pleasing IMO, not a fad. I think the misaligned text in the buttons looks amateruish, like you couldn't figure out how to center it, or you didn't pay enough attention to detail. I understand it was done on purpose, but it looks like a mistake, because I just dont think it looks good. To each his own, that's just my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads