Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Looking for critiques!

Hey everyone! I'm making a comic and putting together a site for it. I've been working on the site for less than a month now, and have been working with webdesign and programming in general for about 2. So, I haven't been doing this for very long.

The biggest things I'm concerned about are 1) the custom font that should be apparent in the site's menu and a few other places and 2) the site's overall color scheme. I've edited the code for the font a dozen times, but I can't see it on any device but my computer, which isn't saying much since the only other device I've viewed it on is a Lumia 1020. The colors for the header and menu bar change on each page, but I'm wondering if I should nix that idea. I think it might been making the site feel disjointed.

Also, there are a couple of things I want to add to the site but am not sure how to go about it:
    1.) Make the homepage always display the latest page in the comic.
    2.) Add some sort of save button. So, readers and save the comic and then pick up where they left off later. Should I been looking into PHP for this?

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm fairly new to this. So, if you have any other tips to throw out, please do.

Here's the site.

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    You must like red and black. Your fans may like it but when I see a site with those blasting colors I move on to another one.
    Good luck.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markzuekarly View Post
    Well, you website is new. I would to suggest you to put more content to receive more traffic. There are some errors as well. Go and hire some kind of software testing company.
    There isn't much content to add since the comic is still in the works. I'm not focused on gaining traffic right now. I registered a domain to make it easier to see how the site looks on other devices. It also makes it easier for me to ask for input on the site, like I am right now. What kind of errors did you notice - were they typos in the content or am I doing something wrong with the code? Also, are there software testing options out there for smaller projects? I ask because the site you linked to looks like it caters to midsize and large businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by bleau canon View Post
    You must like red and black. Your fans may like it but when I see a site with those blasting colors I move on to another one.
    Good luck.
    The color scheme's too jarring? Would a lighter background would help, you think? I'd want to keep the background dark enough for the drawings pop, but I don't want to give people headaches, either. And thank you!
    Last edited by gesturepoke; Nov 04th, 2015 at 12:36 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I figured out that I had to edit the htaccess file in order for the custom font to show up. So, at least that one's figured out. I've tweaked the nav bar's color a little bit since a few people saw pink instead of red.

I'm still wondering if the color scheme is too dark. I'm stuck because I really don't want to change it, but I've had a couple of people elsewhere tell me a comic site should be lighter. I personally think that greatly depends on the comic, but if that's a point of view a lot of people share, then I guess I should look into revamping it.

Remove Ads