Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Is this good enough?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.3 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Is this good enough?

Hi, I need someone to take a look on my personal website. Here's the link Syed Ridhwan. And suggest me if any changes should be made.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Before i give any critique I have to know something and point something out.

First, whats "good enough" mean to you? When i hear that I think you want the bare minimum to scrape by. Its personally not the mentality I'd want to have.

As for what I need to know about the site is, was there a theme or template used? It looks like a template, but I also noticed you mentioned building templates. So is this something you built from the ground up? Did you use any frameworks or libraries?

I will say that i like it, but there are a few things that you could fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    brandMatt likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I try to stay out of this critique section of the forum, as my comments are often confused with negativity, irl anyways. This time, I just can't help myself.

The first thing that caught my eye was the post title. I complete agree with Vapr, 'good enough' reminds my of my grades in grade 6 french class. I did what I had to to scrape by, just enough to pass, but not low enough to warrant the teacher's attention.

Your site is pleasing to the eye. Lots of space and well balanced. Good job.

I'd be really impressed if you wrote all the plugins used yourself, but you didn't, nor do you seem to understand how to effectively use them. I'd also like to point out the scrolling plugin that you are using on your 'profile' page forces your user to scroll past sections, in FF anyways. I jump right from #introduction automatically to #quote. You're requesting 10 different stylesheets, then 9 more requests for js files, for a one page site.

In short, great attempt, poor execution.
    Last edited by brandMatt; Nov 09th, 2015 at 02:27 PM.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Matt and Vapr got most of it covered. As for my 2 cents, I like the home page, but I noticed it doesn't work with touch. The interactive element is lost on anyone viewing the site on a tablet or phone. You may want to look into adding touch events to your main js file.
    brandMatt likes this.

Member #
    The best! Love this one!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The concept of "good enough" is at the heart of all mediocrity. It can be a creeping influence in the workplace as well. Explore what would happen if we settled for 99.9% instead of our very best.
    brandMatt likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Love this latest one^^

Solid post!!

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca
    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Member #
    Liked
    302 times
    What is the purpose or goal of your site? What do you want visitors to do? If the site is for selling your services, you need to rethink the whole thing as this fancy design will not sell anyone. If your goal is to impress other designers with your skills, it may work well, at least with some.

If you are attempting to sell your services you violate the first two rules of marketing.

Rule number 1: Don't make me wait!

Rule number 2: Don't make me think!

Assume that your target market knows little or nothing about design or development which is usually the case.

Let's start with rule number 2.
    You are spelling onscreen several words. What does it mean? What is your message? Why should I even have any idea or care?

OK, so let's go to rule number 1.
    Since I have no idea what you are on about why should I wait for your message which never actually arrives? I still don't understand what you want, or more importantly, what you can do for me.

If you want to sell me your services you need to make it obvious immediately what you can do for me and how I will benefit.
    Last edited by delstu; Nov 26th, 2015 at 06:05 PM.

Member #
    Awesome site !

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    It looks fancy but the usability is horrendous. Not only is their no call to action or obvious purpose of the website displayed on the home page, but on the about page you "hijack" the scrolling and it's hard to get to the right section.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads