Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please review our second-hand textbook exchange website

IMG_4291.jpg

The goal is to create a user interface and marketplace for student to sell and exchange second-hand textbooks. Also, the items may include i-clickers, lab accessories, even football and basketball tickets. Since the goal is to sell and buy the textbooks, so we do not require users to register for an account on our website since that will make the life for some lazy buyers and sellers hard. Also we will try to make the format of the textbook standard, for example, we may require user to enter the ISBN number, author, and the exact name of the textbook.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

Please review our second-hand textbook exchange website

I hate to be the bearer or bad news but... Thats not a website. Thats an image. I don't see any link to a site, at least there isn't one appearing on mobile, but to be nice ill give you the benefit of the doubt and assume there is a link on the desktop site.

Ill say that having anonymous buyers/sellers sounds pretty risky. Do you really believe this is a smart idea? How do you know who to get in contact with when someone scams someone?

I think the "site" is too boring looking. I dont know if id use it simply because its so easy to rent textbooks on Amazon. You have no special feature that makes you better and personally with the lack of design and the fact that i don't know you, i wouldn't trust it. Your site does nothing to build confidence in me using it. That might be because its an image.

Edit: i saw the url in your image and went to umyproto. The fact that you are creating it using something like that makes me worry about your backend. Maybe thats the real reason you dont want people to register? Anyway, because youre using a website builder im even more inclined to avoid your site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Vapr_Arts; Nov 19th, 2015 at 03:17 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    302 times
    I would like some information about this group from the U of I. Three of you have posted images in the last 24 hours. Are you students? What are your aims?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'd much rather take a couple of seconds to make an account on a site than buy a textbook from an unknown seller, and I say this as a student. Just throwing that out there because you may want to rethink the anonymous buyers-sellers concept.

Remove Ads