Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Sports Schedule

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Sports Schedule

Hey guys, I'm our school's Latin Club website technician. I'm trying to figure out how to make a sports schedule similar to this. Soccer - Schedule - Florida State Seminoles Official Athletic Site

I use weebly and know how to import things, but I can't find an application/generator to make a schedule.

Thanks for your help!

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    What do you mean by application/generator?

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Donneybrook View Post
    Hey guys, I'm our school's Latin Club website technician. I'm trying to figure out how to make a sports schedule similar to this. Soccer - Schedule - Florida State Seminoles Official Athletic Site

I use weebly and know how to import things, but I can't find an application/generator to make a schedule.

Thanks for your help!
    First, Weebly is not a good place to build something like this.
    Even if it is possible you will need more coding skills than you seem to possess. You will most likely need to hire a professional to build the site you want.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

Thanks for your help!
    I have to agree with Stu, Weebly is not the place for this, but if you have to use it try breaking down the schedule to its simplest form. When its broken down far enough its essentially just a table of data. Its hard to suggest what you should do because what I'd do and what you would do probably aren't the same. And I don't know weebly enough to suggest much. So my advice would be to either try making it a table, find a different platform, or hire someone that actually knows what they are doing.

You could maybe learn enough code to build it yourself, but id suspect that the season would probably be over by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Donneybrook likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    First, Weebly is not a good place to build something like this.
    Even if it is possible you will need more coding skills than you seem to possess. You will most likely need to hire a professional to build the site you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    I have to agree with Stu, Weebly is not the place for this, but if you have to use it try breaking down the schedule to its simplest form. When its broken down far enough its essentially just a table of data. Its hard to suggest what you should do because what I'd do and what you would do probably aren't the same. And I don't know weebly enough to suggest much. So my advice would be to either try making it a table, find a different platform, or hire someone that actually knows what they are doing.

You could maybe learn enough code to build it yourself, but id suspect that the season would probably be over by then.
    ok. thanks guys. yes, you are absolutely right that I know nothing about coding. All I've done is make the website using the normal features it gives you. I was hoping that some site had the form and i could just enter the information on and just import it. I'll probably just have to do what Vapr suggested by making a table. Thanks guys for your help! Here's the website just so you guys can see how its made. Tallahassee CC Latin Club - Home

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Is it safe to assume this Latin Club has no funding?
    Donneybrook likes this.

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca
    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brandMatt View Post
    Is it safe to assume this Latin Club has no funding?
    How much would it cost to have this made? Our balance is approximately $1500-$2000 on average.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    How much would it cost to have this made? Our balance is approximately $1500-$2000 on average.
    It might not cost even half of that. Id suspect you could find someone to do it for less than $1k easily. Your site is very basic and don't need very complex programming.

If you aren't too afraid to learn a lil you may be able to do it on WordPress. I still cringe when I recommend WP but it is much better than Weebly.

Donneybrook likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    This website doesn't look very basic to me, there are well over 20 pages. I'm sure there are plugins already available to cover the functionality for many of them (galleries and calendars). You also have to factor in the cost of migration, I doubt the website in it's current form can be exported. That would mean completely recreating it.
    Donneybrook likes this.

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca
    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brandMatt View Post
    This website doesn't look very basic to me, there are well over 20 pages. I'm sure there are plugins already available to cover the functionality for many of them (galleries and calendars). You also have to factor in the cost of migration, I doubt the website in it's current form can be exported. That would mean completely recreating it.
    Regardless if they do it or a professional does it, the best thing they can do is get off Weebly. And what I meant by basic was that theres no really complex scripting done. No custom code.

Donneybrook likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads