Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Reviews for my site

This post is more specifically directed towards Indian e-commerce website trends.

The current site I'm working on is www.pristinefire.com
    So we originally decided not to have a complicated header navigation menu.and frankly ours can't get any simpler.

Now think of yourself as someone looking to buy a ring on Online Jewellery Shopping Store India | Buy Gold and Diamond Jewelry with Latest Designs 2014 | BlueStone.com(jewelry website). What do you first do? Do you scroll down to find Rings specifically? or do you just hover over the navigation menu delving deeper, hoping to find, and nowadays more like 'expecting' to find, your needed category?

Every major ecommerce site has overwhelming nav menus(Indian websites). Seems like Its a way of defining what my site is capable of providing. And honestly speaking its the fastest way to search for a category.
    A detailed menu can convert a customer within 5 seconds. But then it can also send him off in the same time. So obviously your site needs enough variety and segregation to pull this off.
    Still now its becoming apparent that no one wants to scroll a page, on Online Shopping India Mobile, Cameras, Lifestyle & more Online @ Flipkart.com for example, unless you're on a collection page. Makes you feel like a home page is never actually completely looked at. Since anyway content on a home page depreciates as you scroll down.

We currently have a 50% bounce rate on the landing page. I have a feeling it might be something to do with our simple nav.
    Thoughts?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm not Indian, and I can't speak for anyone else...but I hate this new scrolling trend of trying to "lazy load" products. It's awkward and as you said, people generally don't want to scroll.

The simple menu isn't a bad thing. My issue with your home page is that you don't show featured products right away. You have a category browse. Put a featured special above that. That might convert better.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads