Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Feedback needed on website- what would you do to make it the best possible?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Feedback needed on website- what would you do to make it the best possible?

Hi people, I'm currently going through a redesign of my site- to make sure it converts the best it possibly can.

I've already made a number of amendments, but want the absolute best practice and guidance on everything, so I'd be grateful for your comments or advice. This is the site as it stands:

Private Health Insurance Comparison UK - Best FREE Quotes - 45% Off!

Firstly these are the amendments I'm about to implement:
    -I will be changing the colour of the call to action button to a red/bright Orange, changing the font and changing the wording to "Get My free qoute now!"

-I will be changing the colour of the form box, as well as some of the objects to a more blue-ish colour (given the research this is the best colour for building trust and widely used in the health industry)

I'm also interested in hearing from you guys about the general layout and best way to organise it all;. these are some points I would like to also consider-

The position of the "Act Now" Bullet points- should they be above or below the form?

Should I increase the width margins for the text that comes from the "Act Now" sections and below?

Are the other sections- text, graphics etc ordered in the most appropriate way for the best conversions you think?

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Your colors are pleasing to the eyes now. Why would you want to do the red/bright orange? I don't do red.bright orange and many more people don't. I leave a site and move on when I see anything bright especially if it's suppose to be a professional business.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Your site isn't very mobile friendly. I'd look into that before any of your other amendments.

Member #
    Interesting to hear that. I broadly think my site is fine, but I want to split test a different shade of blue with the current colours.

My reasoning for changing the colour of the button is that I think the colour contrast could be greater and I read that Red and Orange buttons are the best converting colours, so long as they are in contrast to the adjacent background.

Quote Originally Posted by bleau canon View Post
    Your colors are pleasing to the eyes now. Why would you want to do the red/bright orange? I don't do red.bright orange and many more people don't. I leave a site and move on when I see anything bright especially if it's suppose to be a professional business.
    Last edited by gazzafat; Dec 02nd, 2015 at 09:18 AM.

Member #
    Yes I'm getting someone to build a mobile version too, though I've shut off all mobile traffic for the moment, and want to make the general amendments first.

Quote Originally Posted by brandMatt View Post
    Your site isn't very mobile friendly. I'd look into that before any of your other amendments.
    Last edited by gazzafat; Dec 02nd, 2015 at 09:18 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quite the odd solution. I'd throw up a mobile friendly page and redirect mobile traffic to that page, as a temporary solution.

What do you use to detect your user's device?

Member #
    It's because all traffic I have at present comes from Google Adwords, I am getting virtually no SEO traffic yet, therefore I've switched off all mobile bids (though I've turned off all bids until i make the changes). Also i wish to re-write some of the content first.

The mobile designer I have identified told me because the mobile site he wishes to build would be a separate site completely (is this normal by the way?), therefore if I update the original, changes are not affected in the mobile version, hence, I'm holding off until all the content is done to the stage I want.

Quite the odd solution. I'd throw up a mobile friendly page and redirect mobile traffic to that page, as a temporary solution.

What do you use to detect your user's device?

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Some designers build a completely separate site and direct mobile visitors to it. This is not very efficient. It's often the chosen method when adding a mobile version on to an existing website.

The problem is content updating. When you change or add content, you now have to do it to two places.

Blocking users from visiting your website is usually not a good idea at all. If your web designer actually suggested you do this, I'd question their credibility.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Some designers build a completely separate site and direct mobile visitors to it. This is not very efficient. It's often the chosen method when adding a mobile version on to an existing website.

The problem is content updating. When you change or add content, you now have to do it to two places.

Blocking users from visiting your website is usually not a good idea at all. If your web designer actually suggested you do this, I'd question their credibility.
    I really hope your dev didn't suggest shutting off access to mobile users. Thats just plain lazy and I'd not just question their credibility I would start looking for a new dev! Thats got to be the most laziest solution for any problem and the least effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    brandMatt likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Not really just lazy, but it completely prevents any mobile users from learning about your product. Are you aware of the ratio between mobile and computer users?
    To cut them off completely is just bad business.
    Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 10.49.57 PM.jpg

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca
    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads