Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm thinking of having a go of setting up a music website as I disagree with the views of most big websites and the ones that review bands I like never seem to update...

Anyway, I had a little free time so I made up this draft - There's a good chance I'll completly re-work it soon, but it would help me if you guys shared some idea's and tell me what you do and more importantly don't like about the mockup - cheers in advance.

http://vgnz.com/sam/musiclife.jpg

Edit - Just to say the navigation and logo arn't done yet as those two bits are the biggest pain to get right in any design IMO.
    Nothing to see here

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I think overall it just needs more work. Also remember most people wont have text-anti-aliasing... and I like the bands so far 8-)
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Heh yeah - all the text is done in photoshop but would just be normal text in the html version.

It definatly needs a hell of a lot more work, I'm just wondering if I should keep any elements of it or go again from scratch/avoid using something again.

As for the bands, those would be four of my top 5 ever!

-Also wondering about the colour scheme, I'm usually inclined to go with lighter cleaner colours...
    Nothing to see here

Member #
    I agree, the site looks very busy right now, and it needs a header. The header can change the whole look of a site, depending how it's done. It's a good start, but the left column, and the column where the pictures of Wozza are need to be reworked, IMO.

Member #
    Yeah - I'd like to have pictures of the staff next to the updates as a personal touch, but I think it would be better to bring it into the actual box (on a strip of colour still) as it looks a bit too seperated at the moment.

Cheers guys, already your getting my idea's going, didn't get much sleep last night (like always) so I ran out of steam and need to read some comments to get my head working right again.

I just can't get my head around navigation of logo's at the moment, I was thinking it's probably too early to put up on here yet, but as I said, I need to get my head going again.
    Nothing to see here

Remove Ads