Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By DC15

Thread: Web Design Site

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Web Design Site

Well visually I finally reached what I like, I have not proof read the entire site yet I usually ask someone to catch what I might miss. Visually at one time I had the header separate from the body and it looked really good but I can't reproduce that code yet. I would welcome some feedback, even though web design is just my hobby this was my first site ever done in 2005 and reproduced many times over the years. I am thinking about getting back into design for customers on a small level and want this landing site to be close to perfect.

Domain Claimers
    Last edited by DC15; Dec 04th, 2015 at 12:18 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    The first thing you should look at is making it completely mobile friendly.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Before you do that Id like to know what your definition of a web designer is. Do you like coding? What experience do you have? I noticed you're using a theme. Did you do any coding on the site? What did you change? I didn't review what the theme looked like so I will let you point out the changes you made.

What do you want out of this? Do you want to be able to design the visuals of a site? Do you want to do server side programming? Do you want to even do any coding at all?

Heres my opinion, the site visually looks bad, granted I am viewing on my phone and as Matt pointed out its not completely mobile friendly. The design it self looks outdated and lack certain design principles. Thats ok if you would rather focus on coding, but if you want to focus on coding I'd stop using a theme and actually code some things. Its not the worst thing I have seen on here and with some work for mobile it could be a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Here is what the site started as
    weaver-screnshot.jpg

My experience is 10 years of working with Wordpress, I have no intentions of using anything else. I will make it mobile friendly in time. My definition of a Web Designer is taking an idea and make it happen along with management of domains and hosting. Most of the people who want a website have no idea how to design or manage it. Since this is my hobby I am not looking for perfection.
    Last edited by DC15; Dec 04th, 2015 at 12:17 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DC15 View Post
    Here is what the site started as
    weaver-screnshot.jpg

My experience is 10 years of working with Wordpress, I have no intentions of using anything else. I will make it mobile friendly in time. My definition of a Web Designer is taking an idea and make it happen along with management of domains and hosting. Most of the people who want a website have no idea how to design or manage it. Since this is my hobby I am not looking for perfection.
    You can't really consider it a hobby if you start to take on clients even at a "small level" so striving for perfection should be a goal. Its pretty hard to obtain but you should always strive to be as perfect as possible regardless of client or not honestly. So what is it? A hobby or a future career goal?

Heres what I would suggest. Go look at other websites and really pay attention to whats going on. Your site needs to be brought up to date. It doesn't have to be extremely graphic heavy but it does have to have some kind of design to it. Right now its very boring and mundane. Try and find aspects of other sites and implement them into your design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    HOW editors peruse hundreds of websites to find the best of the best in terms of design of websites and sites for designers.The results yield the Top 10 Websites for Designers. In reviewing these websites, the editors are looking for exceptional design as well as functionality.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for your feedback, I will take it all into consideration.
    okhla123 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Google Chrom Inspect Element says something about your website:
    http://www.domainclaimers.com/wp-con...yten/style.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

what is this?

Remove Ads