Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Site Feedback

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi

We are a newly established design boutique in aus. Just want some feedback on our site www.isaiahdesign.com.au

You can probably tell that we are more designers then coders.

We know that there are a few problems with the game section. It is still in development but any feedback on functionality, design ... anything...

thanks heaps

(i know this probably looks bad since we are supposed to be a web design company, but everything i know, i have taught myself so this is the only way to find out how can i improve.)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    There's really just not a lot there... design or content wise. Work on it some more is all I can say.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    First of all, I've got to say I don't like the word "boutique" when used to describe a design firm. Sounds kinda funny in that San Francisco or the Church and Wellesley area in Toronto kind of way (for those who don't know the area, it's known as "Boystown". I'll leave it to your imaginations to figure out why.)

As far as the layout goes, I don't really like it. The submenu should be below the main menu, not above it. Each item should also be on one line, instead of having some on one and some on two.

I can actually see a logic to having a game on the site. It's different and if it works it can show off your skills quite nicely. The problem is...the game, she don't wanna work for me. There's a JScript error and the game itself never actually loads.

I think you've got an okay start but a fair ways to go with this site.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    It's always good to tell the truth, but I feel that a web design company should not be as truthful as your has in the description of the team under about us.

I dont think the layout is a bad one, but I dont think that the colors and graphics that you have used do it any justice.

Agreed that the sub-menu items should come down below the menu itself, and should only be in the one column.

Not sure about the game being on there, but it also doesn't work for me, as the JVM cant find the class bubbles!

Overall good start!
    The future will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.

Member #
    I like the look and feel of the site. It's aesthetically very pleasing, which is great since you are web designers.

Two suggestions:

The blinking "isaiah" after the intro runs but before you select a menu item is kind of bothersome. Why not put some content there in the first place?

The way the menu works was not very obvious to me at first. Having submenus appear above the main menu is not really standard, plus they look so different from the main menu that it's hard to tell that they are also menus. And since some of your main menu items don't have a sub-menu, it was a little confusing.

Nice work!

Member #
    The site is okay - I don't however like the peculiarity of the site, I find it hard to navigate - a suggestion is to have a section for Games - as well as a submnu because the first time I hoevered on Games - i took it as not having a link - so people could be easily dissuaded.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I agree with what's been said already. Furthermore, your navigation doesn't work in Mozilla. The submenu's don't appear, I couldn't get to your "About Us" pages until I fired up IE (blah). Considering it's a website for your design firm, it should be cross browser compatible.

Member #
    Some points:

#####
    An extension on what they said above about the 'blinking' logo after the site loads - it feels and looks like a loading screen, as if it's loading more of the site. Perhaps a static logo, or some text underneath - please use the navigation above.. blah blah would come in useful here to let people know they're not waiting for anything

#####
    I got the game to play, but when it finished it came up with an Error 404 - it can't find:

/anus2/high.php

It also looked [please note that I'm not saying that this is the case] as if it was taken from somewhere else, eg a games site. This is because it doesn't follow the natural 'theme' your site has - the black and white strips and the pink. Perhaps if you tied it in with your look it might feel more 'natural'.

#####
    The portfolio is comming soon - should be coming perhaps?

Hope this helps ya

Ollie
    Hardly the sharpest thing in the drawer.
    Design | Life | Outdoors | Ryukin Radio

Member #
    Thanks everyone alot this has been very helpful...

Sorry about the "anus" folder, one of our back end developer's likes to give weird names to his testing folders.

Keep suggestions coming...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My main concerns have already been mentioned by others, so I won't repeat them, except the Mozilla one. I have just started IE and can now see the sub-menus.... with Firebird they just don't appear at all. As one of your services is "Linux support" that is not good news ;-)

Your navigation is inconsistent. Whilst the "About us" and "Contact Us" sections use this dynamic pop-up menu, the "Services" section uses a static menu within the page below. You really need to do one or the other, not both.

In general, the site doesn't "work" for me. Your "Identity" section pushes the need for a clear brand, and I haven't found it on your site. What are the little pink men doing on the left? What have they to do with webdesign? There is no clear site map, so some of the information is difficult to find. In many places you get pages which contain very little content, and one feels these could have been re-engineered to "pack more of a punch", and in other places you have to scroll vertically in order to get to the submit button (in the contact form) or the last few words ("Website Design and Management")... never good to force visitors to scroll if you can help it, and in both these cases the area is *almost* large enough to have not needed to do it.

Sean

Remove Ads