Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By delstu

Thread: Charitable site - need your feedback, please

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Charitable site - need your feedback, please

We setup this partner site for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund. Basically a fund raiser for their supporters. If the supporters stay on the service the charity gets approximately $70 per year. They started marketing the service to their donors and the conversion rate has been abysmal. I was wondering if the site is just too complex for their audience. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

JDRF

Member #
    Liked
    300 times
    Do you work for T-Mobile?

It is not immediately obvious what the page is about. At first I thought you were offering a donation subscription plan, and that only because I read your post first. It wasn't until I scrolled down that I read about a phone plan. If people are at all satisfied with their current phone they are not much interested in either switching or adding another cell phone service.

You need to rewrite the page to make your message immediately clear to visitors and give them some motivation to participate. I found the page confusing and would leave immediately if I weren't trying to help. You might also consider a simple donation button without a subscription.

What is the JDRF and what do they do, how do they help, etc?

I live in a rural area and seldom if ever see advertisements for T-Mobile. I see them in stores all the time but perceive them as throwaways. A good PR (public relations) program may be in order for the company.
    Last edited by delstu; Dec 08th, 2015 at 05:57 PM.
    good-ideas likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    Do you work for T-Mobile?

It is not immediately obvious what the page is about. At first I thought you were offering a donation subscription plan, and that only because I read your post first. It wasn't until I scrolled down that I read about a phone plan. If people are at all satisfied with their current phone they are not much interested in either switching or adding another cell phone service.

You need to rewrite the page to make your message immediately clear to visitors and give them some motivation to participate. I found the page confusing and would leave immediately if I weren't trying to help. You might also consider a simple donation button without a subscription.

What is the JDRF and what do they do, how do they help, etc?

I live in a rural area and seldom if ever see advertisements for T-Mobile. I see them in stores all the time but perceive them as throwaways. A good PR (public relations) program may be in order for the company.
    Thank you for the feedback. Since the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) is sending the email to their base, we didn't bother going into what JDRFis all about. Their emails are describing the program, service and rates. We were just trying to present the follow-up information and try to make the sales proces as simple as possible

Member #
    Liked
    300 times
    You should still remind visitors that your plan helps the foundation and those with Juvenile Diabetes by contributing a portion of fees to the JDRF just to reinforce the concept. People are easily distracted - help them stay on track.

Remove Ads