Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

New member, new website review!

Hello,

I am very new to the site and somewhat new to the world of web design. I was hoping to get some positive criticism for a website that I recently designed. I have added the URL below.

Thank you all!

Perspective Photography

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Well criticism is not always positive you can't expect it to be positive,The site is good but you there are alot of things now change in web design, you need to follow new web design trend.

Member #
    That's a fair point. What sort of trends should I be looking into?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    If he knew that, he would have told you. What you just received as far as criticism is concerned is the equivalent of a Bernie Sanders sound byte. It may sound impressive, but it's designed to say absolutely nothing at all.

You seem like a talented photographer. Some of the pictures you take are pretty good. I like the one in particular of the red wall in what appears to be a barrio. The problem is that you present them in a way that doesn't really do them a lot of justice, nor does it indicate your skill. For starters...thumbnails. If you're in a category, something showing thumbnails at the bottom (or the top, your choice) should be applied. That way, people can see that there are multiple images and be more likely to find one they like.

Second...I get why you're using the images in the background of your menu items, but it's too distracting and makes the menu items hard to read. If you're going to insist on using, do something like this: Tryit Editor v2.6 . Frankly, I wouldn't bother at all...the big image is the one people should be focusing on.

Third: contact info. You need some. You say contact via email, but it's not even showing up anywhere. Use your real name, and at the very least a phone number. Something like this if you're not comfortable giving out your real number would suffice: https://www.freephoneline.ca/ I know you're from the States (I'm not spying...I'm a mod and I can see your IP) and I don't know the equivalent service. Hopefully you can find something.

Fourth: you do photography. Okay. You're looking for work. Okay, too. The problem is...what type of work are you looking for? You're not a wedding photographer. Fashion? Street life? Magazines? Whatever you're targeting, organize your portfolio accordingly.

Hopefully that gets you started on how to think about your site. Others will comment more on the design and such. I'm more the pragmatic type.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Maybe consider a wordpress portfolio theme and wordpress as your platform - Not exactly a personally hand coded design but would make your photos look good and make you look professional - Your site looks bad and other would agree. I have sites that look bad also still online that I plan on changing. Sometimes we get excited to see our name and content on the web we let that excitement blind us from the truth of our sites looking bad.

Remove Ads