Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Would love to get opinions about my new website

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Red face Would love to get opinions about my new website

I've used Wix - no template.
    aviv-blumstein
    feel free to leave a comment in the "GuestBook".
    Thank you!

Aviv

Member #
    Nice music. I am new at web design, so be careful with my comments.
    I do like the font of the title, the simplicity of the website and the color scheme. What I would recommend to work on its the visibility and functionality of the website. I do like the video with the music, but I do not like the video behind text or elements that I try to concentrate on. Maybe if you did the middle less transparent it would be easier to concentrate on the playlist name and icons? Talking about the icons there are a little too grey out, and almost lost, you should consider making them making them dark, because you DO want people to see them and click on them.

Minor: In the menu the elements/links that are no selected, have you tried making them grey with alpha like the middle? I think this could be interesting and give you more consistency.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    Unless I am missing something there is no way to write anything in your guestbook.
    You'd need Facebook account.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Realjuan View Post
    Nice music. I am new at web design, so be careful with my comments.
    I do like the font of the title, the simplicity of the website and the color scheme. What I would recommend to work on its the visibility and functionality of the website. I do like the video with the music, but I do not like the video behind text or elements that I try to concentrate on. Maybe if you did the middle less transparent it would be easier to concentrate on the playlist name and icons? Talking about the icons there are a little too grey out, and almost lost, you should consider making them making them dark, because you DO want people to see them and click on them.

Minor: In the menu the elements/links that are no selected, have you tried making them grey with alpha like the middle? I think this could be interesting and give you more consistency.
    Thank you very much for your feedback. I'll play the fonts again.

Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    Even though video sliders are getting more popular now, my personal opinion is I think a slider with the Kens Burn effect would enhance your beautiful music much better than a video slider.

We're also going to purchase your cd after we get though with this usual wild 1st of the month run in the office.
    Blumstein likes this.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bleau canon View Post
    We're also going to purchase your cd after we get though with this usual wild 1st of the month run in the office.
    Appreciate it, Thanks !

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles415 View Post
    Absolutely beautiful music. I've been listening to it for like half an hour now
    For me, that's the most important part. Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    We used this on some of our musicians websites. It can give you some ideas. All the musicians have told us their reviews are nothing but excellent and we've been able to see their site traffic increase two fold because of it.

We use just a full page single image and use this to showcase their music on the home page.

https://www.metaslider.com/examples/video-slides/
    Last edited by bleau canon; Feb 03rd, 2016 at 03:42 PM.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Work on the design to be responsive. The music is very relaxing. You just need a little bit work on the design coz it's not looking good on smartphones and tablets.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    While I also think the music is just lovely, I really would advise you not to have it autoplay when th site opens. I cannot stress it enough - it is NOT best practice. Here are a few reasons why:
    1. If the user has a slow connection (or busy connection) then the audio can freeze - no time to cache it prior to playing.
    2. If user opens up multiple tabs/windows from search results, then they all start playing together instead of only active tab/window.
    3. If the audio isn't expected, then sudden playback of sound is very annoying.
    4. On mobile devices, it uses expensive bandwidth
    5. It adversely affects accessibility. Accessibility is one of many criteria google includes in it's algorithms.

W3C explains how it affects accessibility "Playing audio automatically when landing on a page may affect a screen reader user’s ability to find the mechanism to stop it because they navigate by listening and automatically started sounds might interfere with that navigation. Therefore, we discourage the practice of automatically starting sounds (especially if they last more than 3 seconds), and encourage that the sound be started by an action initiated by the user after they reach the page, rather than requiring that the sound be stopped by an action of the user after they land on the page.

And it's just plain more polite to allow the visitor to choose if they want to hear anything
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads