Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm working on the expand/collapse menu, I was just wondering if I could get some advice on organization. maybe how to center my tables, things like that.

somethingofinterest

If anyone has any advice, please let me know.

thanks.:dead:

Member #
    First of all, you have used the ID's m1,m2,m3,m4,m5,m6 twice, if you want javascript to be able to reference these objects each element must have a unique name.

Secondly your javascript function signature is all wrong, you have used 2 javascript functions with the same name, seperating them by the argument only, whats the point in being able to pass an argument to a javascript function if you have already filled in the argument in the signature.......example......

Code:
    <script language=Javascript>
    function toggletable(1) {

}

function toggletable(2) {

}
    </script>
    You should use one Javascript function that can be passed an argument of either 1 or 2........example.....

Code:
    <script language=Javascript>
    function toggletable(tablenumber) {
    if(tablenumber == 1) {

} else if(tablenumber == 2) {

}
    }
    </script>
    You could use the onclick event to pass the actual object firing the event using the javascript this object, and a bit of clever javascript to reference the elements relative to the table that the object firing the event is in!

Centering your tables etc is a much easier job than getting your Javascript right, get the javascript going correctly then we can sort out the tables!
    The future will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.

Member #
    Do what he said - It should help - also - the link directs to www.somthinfofinterest.com.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Is there an easier way to make a multiple item expandcollapse menu? with like 6 menu items, and 2-4 items collapsed within each item?...

Member #
    As far as I can work out from the code I presume your using - I think you can just insert another dropdwon menu in the submenu itself - I'm not sure though.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Remove Ads