Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Just started www.truewebsitedesign.com. Let me know what you think!

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just started www.truewebsitedesign.com. Let me know what you think!

My brother and I just started a web design business based out of Lubbock Texas, and our site is Website | Design | Lubbock | SEO | Hosting | Marketing - True Website Design. We could use some reviews and ideas about the look and feel of the site itself. Please have a look and let me know what you think or if you find anything buggy with it. We want to make sure its very professional and user friendly. After all a web design company should have a heck of a good website to prove their value.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bleau canon View Post
    You have a nice looking site and I like the colors. 99% of people wanting a website built have no clue what the differences in website platforms are and most could give a hoot one way or the other.

When I'm on the hunt for something in the net I pay no attention to whether the site is a cms, html-css or any other platform. I purchase the socks and blankets for my two pet mules and Morgan horse off a website that had to be built in Frontpage 97 or 2000.

It has nothing to do with what or how the site was built, it's all about the quality of the content they sale and their awesome customer support.

I wish you good luck.
    Agreed about the end user.;.directly. The end user couldn't care less. To them, it's "can I find what I want, and can I buy it?"
    Agreed about clients directly and generally not knowing or caring, although I'd suggest the percentage is lower than 99%...some do take quite a bit of interest even if they don't fully understand it.

The problem is the other "things" that care. What is happening more and more with W*rdPr*ss is that it's creating the perfect storm of code bloat. WP itself is a dog's breakfast and based on PHP, which in itself is a broken framework and one more experienced developers are starting to shy away from. The client frameworks that are often used with WP (Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery, AngularJS, etc.) contribute to the bloat on the client side. Plugins add to the bloat, as many require additional files to be loaded throughout an entire site when they're only needed for maybe one or two pages. Finally, we get to the templates, which take some combination or often all of the above and make a technical rainbow yawn. Among other "things", Google is taking an indirect interest in it as it pertains to page load times. That alone should be enough to make designers/developers pay attention.

All of this bloat affects the end user indirectly, as they have to download the client-side versions of the crappy code...and it affects the client indirectly, both from the standpoint of decreased conversions, abandonment, increased hosting costs to handle the ever-increasing server-side demands of WP and PHP, etc.

Now, we're not at the breaking point yet. But sooner or later, and likely sooner rather than later, we're going to reach it. Whether PHP becomes too much, whether WP launches a "Windows ME" equivalent version, whether the client-side frameworks go full bloat, whether someone eventually makes something better, or some combination of the above, something is going to happen...and when it does, a lot of the "W*rdPr*ss template bespoke web designer" wannabes will be caught with their pants down.

So yes, using a stock template is a negative factor, although the reasons aren't immediately obvious...and the CMS will matter at some point.
    AlphaMare likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads