Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

My own website, your own critiques

I would like to share with you two websites that I have made and I would be very grateful if you could give me some reviews. Good or bad does not matter. All are acceptable.

prosferoumeapokardias.org

Home - Marias-Restaurant (not entirely completed)

I am also in the middle of a new project, but it is not online yet, so here are some screenshots.

Screenshot by Lightshot

Screenshot by Lightshot

Thanks a lot

Aristeidis Karavas

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Can't say much about the first one, since I do not know the language. The restaurant one is good, the structure is clear and predictable, it serves the purpose quite well. Just one big issue - links and non links are of the same colour (black) - this is very bad and needs to be addressed - how could anyone know what is a link and what is not? There is also a big lack of contrast between the text and background image on the contact page - the "Wir sind für Sie da" is impossible to read.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    The first website was pleasant. Generally in logos you'd see a graphic arm instead of a real arm but that's okay compared to what you have done for the second website.

I must ask you to never ever use Comic Sans as a font ever again. I will not critique the rest of your website until you have changed this. The rest has far more potential if you never use Comic Sans again.

The two screenshots are fine, there is no Comic Sans. Perhaps, change the green around, it may work the icons in a little bit better.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by flowboat View Post
    The first website was pleasant. Generally in logos you'd see a graphic arm instead of a real arm but that's okay compared to what you have done for the second website.

I must ask you to never ever use Comic Sans as a font ever again. I will not critique the rest of your website until you have changed this. The rest has far more potential if you never use Comic Sans again.

The two screenshots are fine, there is no Comic Sans. Perhaps, change the green around, it may work the icons in a little bit better.
    The ONLY reason i used Comic Sans it is because the owner of the website actually insisted to implement it. Her Menu is in Comic Sans Bold and she wanted to the website too. There is nothing i can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hiitsme View Post
    Can't say much about the first one, since I do not know the language. The restaurant one is good, the structure is clear and predictable, it serves the purpose quite well. Just one big issue - links and non links are of the same colour (black) - this is very bad and needs to be addressed - how could anyone know what is a link and what is not? There is also a big lack of contrast between the text and background image on the contact page - the "Wir sind für Sie da" is impossible to read.
    I will take a look at it

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Karavas View Post
    The ONLY reason i used Comic Sans it is because the owner of the website actually insisted to implement it. Her Menu is in Comic Sans Bold and she wanted to the website too. There is nothing i can do about it.
    I have had a client who insisted that as well. Some people just like it.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hiitsme View Post
    I have had a client who insisted that as well. Some people just like it.
    I hope/can't wait until I can afford to turn people like this down. I have never had a client insist on using Comic Sans but I have had them ask for things that made me cringe to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    All your website is looking really nice. Except that some part of the paragraph is in bold format.

Remove Ads