Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Site designs

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

ive been desigining my site and here are the layouts i currently have

(just ugly imo)

(no idea how to make it work)

(need suggestions on making it less bulky and the menu)

I was kindo bored and i made this image today and im thinking it would be cool to design a site around it but im not sure how to go about doing so, as i cant plant it in the middle (need a working nav).

Any way im kindo stuck and im not sure what to do now, I either need to completly remake the layout or somehow fix it. Suggestions appreciated.

Also im having major problem with the left nav, i can not get it to work with any lighing effect. As most of the plastic effect is generated by the ligthing from the top and the image is long thus has very low surface are exposed to reflection effect.

Finaly can some one post some links to good sites that have black designs. Im really kindo starved on ideas and that might help

Member #
    I like the banner you made, but as for the rest of the designs, they are too dark, and they don't have a real "banner" on the top of them, just a really fat bar. I'm not a fan of dark designs, white text on a black bg is proven harder to read than black text on white bg. If that's what you're going for, then cool, I'd say try to incorporate your logo into the 3rd design, and make those outlines around the plastic a little thinner.

Also, you may want to try designing for 800x600, as that is still the dominant resolution on the web. Being a gaming site, you may be able to get away with designing for 1024x768. However, when designing for any resolution, remember that you have to take atleast 20 pixels off the width, to account for the scroll bar.

Member #
    I like the banner you made, but as for the rest of the designs, they are too dark, and they don't have a real "banner" on the top of them, just a really fat bar. I'm not a fan of dark designs, white text on a black bg is proven harder to read than black text on white bg. If that's what you're going for, then cool, I'd say try to incorporate your logo into the 3rd design, and make those outlines around the plastic a little thinner.
    I agree with that comment completely - I don't like any of your designs - they're too dark and fat. Sorry - just my 2 pence.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    well nice to know lol, as ppl who just say its nice are of absolutly not help to any one

And yeah i realize that white designs are eisier to make, but im trying to make a dark design as a chalange

Member #
    well nice to know lol, as ppl who just say its nice are of absolutly not help to any one
    I agree, but then again - having people say what improvement you can make on a site, can improve both your skills, and your intellect in web design.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Btw has any one seen any good green on black designs? Id like to see some that were made well.

Member #
    3rd
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    Originally posted by cbor
    3rd

??? ok....

Any way also dose any one have any links to sites that have a good layout, just so that i can see how to arange my banners/navs and what size to make em. (never mind made a seperate thread for this)

Member #
    instead of seconding - he's thirding it

links:

www.webdesignforums.net
    www.bbc.co.uk

Member #
    kindo doble posted the idea cause i figured it needs to be seperated from the rest of the thread.

Remove Ads