Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: http://healthcareinsured.co.uk version 2

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://healthcareinsured.co.uk version 2

Hi everyone,

So I am currently on version 2 of my website, but I have been doing a lot of research on competitor sites pages and I think it needs still more work. I want it to be the absolute best it can be in terms of conversions.

This is my site:

Private Health Insurance Comparison UK - Best FREE Quotes - 45% Off!

-------------------------
    This is my proposal

-I think I should remove the block/gap at the top where the header text appears I had originally thought of making the H1 heading transparent though I think the bit the top is just distracting and looks ugly.

-I think I have too many words around the left of the form and above the logos it looks cluttered- what do you think? Also I think I could pick better fonts for these words- any suggestions?

-I want to maybe cut up the steps 1,2,3 Graphic, and place at it at top before the form itself near the heading, so the steps appear horizontally, lengthwise.

-Regarding the form- I am wondering whether I should reshape it so it also cuts across horizontally, so wider but much less deep, rather than as it is as a giant block. I am also considering making a special version of the form which folds/unfolds (I have seen this on a competitor site and it looks really good) And then shift "we do the work" upwards to fill in the.

-Move "people like you" and "about us" to separate pages completely via clickable links.

-Move to the linked page sections right to the top: Home Why Health Insurance About Us FAQ's Terms and Conditions Contact Us

Any thoughts on this & general comments about the site?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The text at the top looks ugly because the text at the top is ugly. It's "SEO Text". You wrote it "for a search engine", and as is the case with most text written for search engines, it sticks out and serves no end purpose. The entire layout is thrown off completely by that text, so you might as well get rid of it.

I wouldn't do any "folding/unfolding" just because it "looks good". Try to get people to fill out the form in as few keystrokes/clicks as possible. Allow people to be lazy.

The "why health insurance" link makes no sense. If users are coming to your site, they're already interested in health insurance. They don't need to be told why they're interested. They're looking for a life jacket and you're describing the benefits of a life jacket. It's illogical. But I'd move the rest up to the top.

Text around the form? I don't know. Maybe too much, maybe too little. It doesn't bother me personally. The one thing I would do in that area is clean up those logos and remove the white parts so that they're transparent against the grey background.

Graphics...yes, you probably should arrange them horizontally. That way, when you make it work better on cell phones (which is something I assume you'll want to do), you'll be able to restack them vertically.

I'd consider moving those two sections as well, although I'd get rid of the "People Like You" part outright for the reasons mentioned above.
    gazzafat likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thanks for all the suggestions so far, appreciate it! I have removed the H1 tags.

The form I feel is also a little too big- do you have any suggestions in terms of realigning the fields and making it fit better- and should I cut off the ribbon at the top- do you think it adds anything personally at all?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    The text at the top looks ugly because the text at the top is ugly. It's "SEO Text". You wrote it "for a search engine", and as is the case with most text written for search engines, it sticks out and serves no end purpose. The entire layout is thrown off completely by that text, so you might as well get rid of it.

I wouldn't do any "folding/unfolding" just because it "looks good". Try to get people to fill out the form in as few keystrokes/clicks as possible. Allow people to be lazy.

The "why health insurance" link makes no sense. If users are coming to your site, they're already interested in health insurance. They don't need to be told why they're interested. They're looking for a life jacket and you're describing the benefits of a life jacket. It's illogical. But I'd move the rest up to the top.

Text around the form? I don't know. Maybe too much, maybe too little. It doesn't bother me personally. The one thing I would do in that area is clean up those logos and remove the white parts so that they're transparent against the grey background.

Graphics...yes, you probably should arrange them horizontally. That way, when you make it work better on cell phones (which is something I assume you'll want to do), you'll be able to restack them vertically.

I'd consider moving those two sections as well, although I'd get rid of the "People Like You" part outright for the reasons mentioned above.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The ribbon is subjective. It may add conversions. It may not. I'd suggest designing a second page without it to see which one converts more. Personally, I think it looks better than it would without it, but I'm not sure if others agree and I'm a developer, not a designer.

As far as getting things to fit better, I'd suggest maybe a date picker (calendar) for the dates. Right now, you can pick April 31 or February 30 with the setup you have. Other than that, I can't think of anything.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads