Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Thetutguy
  • 1 Post By bleau canon
  • 1 Post By Thetutguy

Thread: learnwebsitedesign.com Review Please

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

learnwebsitedesign.com Review Please

Can you give me your opinions on my site: http://learnwebsitedesign.com/.

Thanks

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Your website is fairly simple. You can work out in enhancing the style of your site - maybe change color or something.

Member #
    Website is very informative if your trying to learn websitedesign. Otherwise it's very basic and to the point. On the upside very easy to navigate and understand.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    This is a very function-able website although I don't think you are going to win any new customers via positive networking because of its simplicity. Don't get me wrong simplicity can be a very useful tool although simplicity to this degree is a bit overkill. When you're advertising to learn webdesign you might want to show off a little as your volatility and credibility primarily come from the presentation at first glance. Using basic shapes and format to this degree is going to effect both of these in a very negative way. Now if you said this was just a rough draft and you were only trying to get a feel for the organization then I would say that you are coming on quite well but as a final piece I would say this is more likely to detract learners rather than attract them.
    danedral likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    I like your website. It's a to the point website for what the site is all about. When I go to a website to maybe purchase or learn something with tutorials that's what I go there for.

The simpler a site is and the easier it is to navigate will get my business any day before a site with monkey's swinging all over it fighting over a banana. I dislike a site displeasing to my eyes.

I don't look to see how a site is built and could care less as long as it's to the point, easy to navigate and pleasing to my eyes. The majority of people other than web designers feel the same way, experience has taught me that over the years dealing with 100's of people every month.

Several years ago my husband wanted to buy a new wide format printer and his budget was $13.000.00. He went to several sites that would be impressive to any web designer but not to him. One site had a banner jump in his face and that is a no no with him, myself and everyone that works for me. He found a very simple site that was nothing fancy and was built by the owners of the business. It was "to the point", easy to navigate and find what he wanted. He called and ordered the printer from those people. Their site being to the point got them a $12.900.00 order plus he paid them more money to come to the office and set it up for him.

I'll pass your site on to a person wanting to learn web design. I'm sure she'll like and enjoy the simplicity of it.

Good luck.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Mar 09th, 2016 at 09:26 PM.
    satindertech likes this.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Hi , your site simple and informative site, but look and feel ios very normal.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Okay I agoing to admit I am giulty of judjing this site by the cover sotr of speak. I didn't bother going into the website because I wasn't attracted to the cover. Keep in mind this is going to happen to a good amount of your viewers becae of the points I made in my last post. The fact is not everyone looks for the good looking site as someone lse mentione.

Now that I have explored into the actual sit I can say I like this site even less and I personally would not want to learn off of this site for webdesign. Im what people call an audeo visual learner. I believe the majority of learners are. t mean this is more like a web based web design instuction manual.to rather than a tutorial site. I think most people would much rather stick to sites like thenewboston where it is an acual video totorial witch teachers have good fun energy and teact at a good pace.
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by LearnWebsiteDesign.com View Post
    Can you give me your opinions on my site: HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3 and JavaScript Tutorials.

Thanks
    you can try add some images to your website

Member #
    Yes, i agree your website is not colored well
    From SEO point of view it is not optimized well( not proper headlines and subheading with keywords included), meta keywords are absent. No sitemap which is highly appreciated by search engines. Also You've included Terms and Conditions into service pages line, why? It would look better in the footnote. Also Copyright is outdated.
    What is more, your website is not attractive as it does not contain any images or banners. Banners are very important for visitors. You may for instance use sitewide coloring plugin from wordpress which is easy-to-install and use. https://wordpress.org/plugins/sitewide-coloring/ We've used it for most of our sites and improved converison rate by 50%
    But all in all, site is not bad. Anyway if you plan to rank high, you need major improvements.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    I would disagree with the statement that having banners/images is a must. Not really, not in every situation. Users come here for tutorials, if they find good stuff there, they absolutely do not care if they are some fancy banner images or not. Banners are not important for visitors, in most of UX testing sessions I've seen users just quickly scrolled down past them, unless it is a photography website or something where images really matter, but here it is not the case. It is not a good practise to add images for the sake of adding images - it just increases the loading speed and gives very little in return. Especially all those 'cold' stock images that plague many websites now, where it is obvious that they have been added just to add some images.

As for the website - it simple to use, fairly user friendly (just don't underline elements that are not links!). However, there needs to be a search box - many users will want to see if you have a tutorial about something specific, they might not feel like browsing.

Remove Ads