Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

PSW
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Custom made product on wordpress site

Hi everyone,

I'm completely stuck and could really use some help. I'm currently designing a wordpress website that needs to have a custom made section very similar to this one (Personalized, Custom Pendants | CustomMade.com). The problem is the only thing I can find widget wise is either your normal go to shop or something that allows you to upload a picture for a phone cover or cushion etc. I'm happy to code a lot of it, but I also can't find any code that will help me.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Well, I would say you are probably going to have to code this yourself. From the look of it, it shouldn't be all too bad. The important thing is structure. You need to lay how how everything interacts. For instance, if I click on one specific shape, the page will have to react with that new information. Essentially, you are going to have quite a bit of listeners on this page (JS most likely). You make a box, fill it with the images, style it how you like, then put a listener for a click on that box. That way, whenever a user clicks on one of the images, your program will be able to pick out which one was clicked. I'm a fan of the data-* attribute. You can use that. You could make this go multiple pages, for example, you click one shape and it takes you to the next step (next page) feeding that page the selected information. You could use AJAX to react in real time on the same page without the load. Or, like they did here, they have a fixed right side that reacts based on the scroll position and whenever you click, the page scrolls you to the next section.

So there is a lot of different ways to go. What languages are you most comfortable with? Do you want this to be backwards compatible? Does having one page with dynamically made content make sense for your audience, or will multiple pages be better?

Look forward to hearing back.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Makes use of your web page space. There's a lot of vacant space in your site why not utilized those?

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Makes use of your web page space. There's a lot of vacant space in your site why not utilized those? Add some content to your website. It's barely naked.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PSW View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm completely stuck and could really use some help. I'm currently designing a wordpress website that needs to have a custom made section very similar to this one (Personalized, Custom Pendants | CustomMade.com). The problem is the only thing I can find widget wise is either your normal go to shop or something that allows you to upload a picture for a phone cover or cushion etc. I'm happy to code a lot of it, but I also can't find any code that will help me.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks
    I think the question you have is more fitting for these two threads as it is a coding question you need an answer too.

HTML and CSS Help

Javascript, AJAX, and JSON

Depending on the coding you are using. Just for future reference.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    too much spacing not in the right areas. some parts of the site look crammed while others have big white blocks.

Remove Ads