Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Looking for constructive feedback on a small consulting firm / integrator site..

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Looking for constructive feedback on a small consulting firm / integrator site..

Hey guys,

Been looking around the forum. Good content and community it seems.

The site is Phoebus G Consulting - Business Solutions - please let me know when you post feedback what device you used to browse.

I'm looking to improve conversions and then do some more advertising. The word of mouth marketing was enough to keep us going but it seems things have slowed down.

I really appreciate the help!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    If you're going for the "corporate, vapid, soulless, mindless automaton white male aged 35+" demo, I think you've nailed it. The colours, the pictures, the stock photography, everything about it screams "corporate whore" to me.

The problem you have is that in going for that demo, you've done and said exactly what everyone does and says. There isn't anything here that sets you apart or gives your site and company anything remotely resembling a personality. That pretty much gives you one way to market your site and your company...you have to spend big advertising coin in equally corporate publications and websites to draw attention to yourself and hope you either outbid everyone else or that no one else bothers to target what you will.

Now, if you want to improve conversions? You'll have to lose the "corporate identity" completely and rethink everything that you've built from the ground up. Copy. Stock photos. The slides. The company name (maybe). The colour scheme. The whole 9 yards. Otherwise, you're...well, corporate.
    phoebus likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Yeah that's the intended demo, we're open to smaller projects too mind you. But on that end, given the current demo and you identified it very well, do you think we can make some improvements there?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's just it...I'm not sure you can. The more changes that I would suggest you make, the further away you get from that demo. Individualism is frowned upon in your chosen environment. They don't want to think; they want to be told something that sounds "corp-good". So you pretty much have to leave it the way it is in order to cater to them.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thanks man, I really appreciate the feedback. It's intended for managers / business owners etc. On purpose removed most of the technical jargon. Still a lot of work to do though, I need to change up some of the photos/images. Soon TM. I always get stuck working for clients and leave us dead last.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's not a bad thing, you know. The best developers/designers often have horrible sites because they're too busy to properly maintain them.

Member #
    Hahhaha, ain't that the truth. My site's been way more horrible than this even (archive.org) :P

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Your website is responsive. Looks nice on smartphones.
    phoebus likes this.

Member #
    Thanks Precious, anything you'd like to see more?

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    If you're going for the "corporate, vapid, soulless, mindless automaton white male aged 35+" demo, I think you've nailed it. The colours, the pictures, the stock photography, everything about it screams "corporate whore" to me.

The problem you have is that in going for that demo, you've done and said exactly what everyone does and says. There isn't anything here that sets you apart or gives your site and company anything remotely resembling a personality. That pretty much gives you one way to market your site and your company...you have to spend big advertising coin in equally corporate publications and websites to draw attention to yourself and hope you either outbid everyone else or that no one else bothers to target what you will.

Now, if you want to improve conversions? You'll have to lose the "corporate identity" completely and rethink everything that you've built from the ground up. Copy. Stock photos. The slides. The company name (maybe). The color scheme. The whole 9 yards. Otherwise, you're...well, corporate.
    I think TheGAME1264 hit the nail on the head here as you phoebus have already mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by phoebus
    Yeah that's the intended demo, we're open to smaller projects too mind you. But on that end, given the current demo and you identified it very well, do you think we can make some improvements there?
    My answer for you is although you have chosen the rout you did you shouldn't be afraid of a little complexity. There are two suggestions I can make.

One: Add a simple motion tween to the text within the drop down menus centering them to the center of the boxes which highlight them. Doing what everyone else is doing to the "T" there is nothing that separates you from them visually. Therefore because they are seeing what they have already seen in the site you built in all the other sites there is no reason to expect anything different from the business being advertised. Taking an element to the next step can do a lot more than you think.

Two: The pictures in which are displayed in the main display area and the links on the bottom of the page cycle too swiftly. Slow down the transition time.
    Last edited by Thetutguy; Mar 08th, 2016 at 12:19 AM.
    phoebus likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads