Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By PreciousReed

Thread: Funky Cushion

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Funky Cushion

Home / Funky Cushion

Hi Everyone,

First post so go easy, I am just looking for some feedback from my website good and bad, I get around 200 views a week and can get anything from 1 to 3 sales a week. Just wondering if there is anything off putting about the website or something anyone would change etc? Any feedback is good feedback.

Regards

Will Team Funky

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Personally, I like the simplicity of it. You put it out there in front of your viewers so they don't have to guess and hunt. I think I would add a little more description to your products though, I would buy from you.

Most Artisan sites we manage use the simplicity of the black and white pages with their products in color. It promotes their art work and makes it standout better for viewers to their site.

Good luck
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Well, its a theme I am assume since its from Big Cartel.

One thing I would change and its extremely simple, but I would 1, find a different area to show the dimensions of the cushion. The dimensions sit directly to the right just doesn't fit well for me. That may be caused by my second issue in that the X is the same size as everything else. I had to stare at it for a few seconds to realize what it was. Its not a huge deal but it does sort of bug me.

The "more" button does nothing? I clicked it and waited.. And waited.. And then realized there wasn't "more" to see. Either add more things or remove that from the site until it actually serves a purpose.

Wait. I just clicked products and there actually is More! So I am not sure why that doesn't work when I click that option.

There is no blog? Again, I would remove it until it has something to show.

I do agree with Bleau, more of a description would be a good thing.

Other than that, it looks nice, if you picked a theme then thats not really your work, but I will credit you on your choice of themes. If you built the theme yourself than I applaud your simplistic design as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bleau canon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry but you are selling pillows with logo with antlers...

The design is nice and clean but too standard IMO.

You have no SEO.

I think you should build a business identity. Then make the website according your business strategy.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    If you're getting 1-3 sales a week from 200 views, that's a pretty good conversion ratio...especially depending on whether or not your own views are being tracked (if they are, your conversion ratio is actually higher, and that's a good thing). That means your design probably shouldn't be messed with too much.

Your blog is empty. Either write something useful and original and be prepared to maintain it, or don't bother having it. It's a binary option.

As far as SEO is concerned...there's not a whole lot you'll be able to do with the platform you're on. Big Cartel, from what I know of it, is designed to be "easy" for people to build storefronts and sell things. The problem is that "easy" equates to "low risk, very low reward." So a lot of the things you'd want to be able to do probably won't be available to you (h1 tags, decent descriptions, breadcrumb navigation, meta tags). So ultimately you may have a decision to make as far as getting off of Big Cartel is concerned.
    bleau canon likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    No one has touched base with you on this little matter yet but it is the thing that bugs me most. There is no need to put a back to site on the home page. To my experience little mistakes like this aren't a problem to the average shopper but to a professional be it company, operation or employer this can be a hit on your attention to detail. I think this is just a sales site that you put together to sell your product so if that is the case then just leave it but if you ever plan on displaying the site in a portfolio page or using it as an example I would suggest removing it.
    Last edited by Thetutguy; Mar 10th, 2016 at 11:25 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I didn't comment on it because it's likely part of the template and can't be adjusted. A lot of the third-party carts are pretty rigid.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I like it! It’s simple as it should be in this case. But to be honest I love even more your products! Really awesome pillows! Is it digital printing or screen printing? Cheers!

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Personally I just hate websites that do not show prices straight away, it is annoying to have to put the mouse over each cushion to see the price of it. Simplicity is good, but too much of it hurts user experience.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Simplicity is beauty my friend. Your website looks simple and clean. I just want to suggest though that if you have discounts or special offers, better place it in your front page. Aside from that, update your blog from time to time - it's very useful to for seo purposes. Add privacy policy to your website and in your contact page, add your physical address and phone number.
    satindertech likes this.

Remove Ads