Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: Senior exit project (Website)

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Senior exit project (Website)

I am currently doing my senior exit, I need people to give me some feedback on it, it a website so all you need to do is leave a comment in the blog section. I really need the help PLEASE ANYONE.

This is my site: rdavisalternativeenergysources.weebly.com

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    What is the project for exactly? Is this to show how much you know about renewable energy or design?

Either way I have some issues. I am going to assume you are not looking studying design/development. Mainly because if you are, Weebly is a horrible platform to base a senior project on. If you're trying to show off design and development work you should really be building this from scratch.

So, my first issue is in your text. You have a lot of grammatical and spelling errors. To point something out specifically, on the first page you have "...it provides little to KNOW greenhouse gases..." I'd recommend you have someone proofread your work.

Your placement feels off. In that I feel like your pages should be moved around to tell the story better. For example, you have the "the issue" as one of the last items on the list. It makes more sense to me to discuss that first. Especially since you explain things in there such as what greenhouse gases are. I'd follow that up with the "renewable vs fossil." Again it makes more sense to me for it to be before you go on to discuss the different types of renewable energy.

The blog, isn't a blog. I'd reword that to something different. I'd also not show "my answers" unless required. If you are required Im not sure if it makes sense to ask others.

As far as the content itself. I didn't read all of it, mostly because of the grammar and spelling. What I did read does look like you put some work into it.

As far as design goes, there are some contrast issues. Nothing too major. Its responsive so I will give you that, but its not really fair for us to credit you on any design work seeing as its your standard Weebly site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    captainrice likes this.

Member #
    Thank you, I wish I would have done this way back before it was due tomorrow, the project was on whatever topic I wanted I chose renewable energy for whatever reason. My job was to just tell about renewable energy and have people ask questions or make comments That's why I asked for people to make comments on the blog tab (I was told to use Weebly since it's free and easy) sadly it's probably to late for me to make huge changes in one day.

The website should look like 15 hours of work which i'm sure it doesn't and as far as my grammar goes I get frustrated easily plus I've been under stress and my anxiety has been off the charts and it caused me to not to pay much attention to my errors. I can definitely move around my tabs and get someone to proof read for me.

Again I really appreciate the feedback my family wasn't up for it so I looked on other forums and nobody helped besides you. I really just gained some courage to make this better because of you. I just wish you would have made this comment on my website but hey one comment wouldn't stop me from failing so it's okay.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by captainrice View Post
    Thank you, I wish I would have done this way back before it was due tomorrow, the project was on whatever topic I wanted I chose renewable energy for whatever reason. My job was to just tell about renewable energy and have people ask questions or make comments That's why I asked for people to make comments on the blog tab (I was told to use Weebly since it's free and easy) sadly it's probably to late for me to make huge changes in one day.

The website should look like 15 hours of work which i'm sure it doesn't and as far as my grammar goes I get frustrated easily plus I've been under stress and my anxiety has been off the charts and it caused me to not to pay much attention to my errors. I can definitely move around my tabs and get someone to proof read for me.

Again I really appreciate the feedback my family wasn't up for it so I looked on other forums and nobody helped besides you. I really just gained some courage to make this better because of you. I just wish you would have made this comment on my website but hey one comment wouldn't stop me from failing so it's okay.
    Sorry about that. If I would have noticed this post before then I would have made a comment on the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Your site is fine. Maybe you can justify the paragraph style and summarize your content like using bullet list and checkboxes. Why are you using Weebly as your site project exit? Use your domain and design to create a good lasting impression.

Remove Ads