Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By Lucca Web Design
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By danedral

Thread: Will you rate us at Lucca Alla Moda for web design?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Will you rate us at Lucca Alla Moda for web design?

Hi Everyone,

Great thread! We are a custom web design company (no, not templates) called Lucca Alla Moda and we would love it if you reviewed our site! Web Design, Branding, SEO & Digital Marketing - Lucca Alla Moda

Thanks everyone,

Lucca

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    No, you did not just say that you don't use templates.
    Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/wp-content/themes/Iridescent/assets/css/bootstrap.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/wp-content/themes/Iridescent/assets/css/bootstrap-responsive.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/wp-content/themes/Iridescent/assets/css/app.css">
    RocketTheme Demos

You got some 'splainin' to do.
    Vapr_Arts and danedral like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    It is the Iridescent theme from RocketTheme and using 5 plug-ins. How is this not a template? What custom work have you done?

When I first saw your site I thought it was about something other than a web designers site. Can you guess why that is?
    Last edited by delstu; Mar 25th, 2016 at 03:20 PM.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    It's good. Some missing small details though like privacy, physical address in your contact form.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Compare our website to RocketTheme's demo... they are coded differently. The points in an article that clarify this are from Is Your Website Using a Template? 5 Easy Steps to Find Out - CINQ Creative but below is a snippit from that article if you don't care to read it.

Now that you have identified your site’s theme and located it’s origin/designer, we need to review the theme for any differences/likenesses.

Look for any links for LIVE DEMO or SCREENSHOTS.

These will allow you to view the working theme and identify similarities or differences in your website. Many designers that don’t have extensive programming experience choose to begin a client’s website with a theme such as this, mainly for the enhancements, plugins and complex site structure. They then overhaul the design to suit their client. This allows a designer to focus more on the “look” of the site and less on attempting to develop necessary functionality from scratch.

So, your design, while using this specific theme, may look entirely different. You can then know that your website is unique to your business.

However, if you review the theme demo and realize that your website is nearly identical, you then know that your website may be very similar to many other websites across the Internet, possibly even some within your own market or industry.
    - See more at: Is Your Website Using a Template? 5 Easy Steps to Find Out - CINQ Creative
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucca Web Design View Post
    Compare our website to RocketTheme's demo... they are coded differently. The points in an article that clarify this are from Is Your Website Using a Template? 5 Easy Steps to Find Out - CINQ Creative but below is a snippit from that article if you don't care to read it.

Now that you have identified your site’s theme and located it’s origin/designer, we need to review the theme for any differences/likenesses.

Look for any links for LIVE DEMO or SCREENSHOTS.

These will allow you to view the working theme and identify similarities or differences in your website. Many designers that don’t have extensive programming experience choose to begin a client’s website with a theme such as this, mainly for the enhancements, plugins and complex site structure. They then overhaul the design to suit their client. This allows a designer to focus more on the “look” of the site and less on attempting to develop necessary functionality from scratch.

So, your design, while using this specific theme, may look entirely different. You can then know that your website is unique to your business.

However, if you review the theme demo and realize that your website is nearly identical, you then know that your website may be very similar to many other websites across the Internet, possibly even some within your own market or industry.
    - See more at: Is Your Website Using a Template? 5 Easy Steps to Find Out - CINQ Creative
    So let me see if I understand this correctly. If your site doesn't look like the theme even though it is built off a template, then its not built off of a template? You either are or you're not using templates.

The problem for me is this bit "This allows a designer to focus more on the “look” of the site and less on attempting to develop necessary functionality from scratch." This is a big red flag for me as it seems to me you believe the look of a site is far more important than functionality.

Furthermore, because you have brought up not using templates it seems like you understand that using a template is at least in some way bad, yet you choose to use one anyway? What functionality in your site was so necessary to use without the willingness to code it yourself?
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    OK, so apparently using a template and making some changes is not using a template... It is like buying a frozen ready-meal, adding your own sauce on top of it and calling it home made food.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hello all,
    I just join this forum, and at first look was little unsure shall i join or not because fonts were to small for my eyes. Just zoom in a bit and that problem was solved...

I'm so glad that I joined, I was to busy for last few days and was bit tired, but omg after 3 posts I cant stop laughing .

Lucca I have a question for you something that I spot as soon as I saw your website and others didnt want to talk about it or miss it or ignore it.

Lucca your custom web design company (no, not templates), that so nice , can you please tell me are you a custom logo desig company also?

I'm asking you this because I fall in love in your logo and was thinking to ask you can you get one for me too?

I realy cant stop looking at that custom google hummingbird logo

Keep up the good work
    satindertech likes this.

Remove Ads