Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By hiitsme
  • 1 Post By danedral
  • 1 Post By Lou Neri

Thread: RandomAnime.org Review

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.7 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.7 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

RandomAnime.org Review

Hello fellow designers and coders.

I'm here today to ask some advice from everyone and anyone, all responses are appreciated. I only ask that any criticism come in a constructive manner, telling me something sucks doesn't help me improve. I am interested in improving myself in every aspect of my career.

Today I want you to take a look at a pet project of mine, a niche site. It's doing very well in the search rankings, but I want to turn my attention more to design and functionality now. I would love to hear all opinions about the interface, though it is simple, and also thoughts on user experience.

Websites Objective

This websites sole purpose is to assist those who want to find a new anime show to watch. It simply selects shows based on the filters given in a random manner, and then returns information about that show such as: Title, description, trailer, and where you can watch it.

Potential Improvements

-News page. I am working on expanding my niche slightly to include news from the anime world. I am already working on the functionality that will take source from Crunchyroll, reddit, and others (giving credit of course).

-I want to add relevant news to the anime landing pages, but also want to avoid cluttering up the interface. This is something I've thought about, but have yet to start working on. I figure it would be nice if you could see the latest news surrounding the selected anime series.

Problems

-The interface is simple, and unprofessional. In a way, I meant for it to look like it is. It's meant to be simple, easy to use. However, I can't help but feel that it could use some improvements. Suggestions welcome.

-Maxed out my niche. As of now, I've about maxed out my potential gain from my niche, which is why I am looking to expand. I am top 3 in all of my chosen key phrases, which leads me to desire an expansion into similar niche topics (Anime News for example).

I appreciate the time you took to look at my humble website. Please report any problems that you may have. Thank you once again, I look forward to hearing from you!

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    I found it hard to use, because it is not clear what is clickable and what is not. And playing a video automatically is never a good idea.
    Krazyhawk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hiitsme View Post
    I found it hard to use, because it is not clear what is clickable and what is not. And playing a video automatically is never a good idea.
    I agree with hiitsme about problems with visibility what is clicable and what is not. Also you dont have navigation bar in your header (top of your page), footer nav is 3 links so its hard to navigate your website (at least for me).

About news and your concern about cluttering up the interface ther is a lot of ways to avoid that. For example showing only 5 latest news with a button under that leads to page with "more news".
    Krazyhawk likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    For me its okay..
    It's just not user friendly and not catchy..

I will be bored by just staring at it..

Advice:

Make it lively.. Improve your design..

Promote it
    Krazyhawk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Thank you all for your replies. I am actually working on an update that will fix some of the issues (autoplay, navigation, etc). I appreciate the time, thank you ^_^

**EDIT**

For anyone who is still interested in providing feedback, I recently pushed out an update on the site Thanks!
    Last edited by Krazyhawk; Apr 16th, 2016 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Website Update

Remove Ads