Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: irfandahir.com

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

irfandahir.com

Hello, I need some constructive criticism and feedback on my portfolio's design. It's not entirely complete as I've been busy lately, but the main portion is there.

irfandahir.com

Looking forward to on what can be improved, cheers!

Member #
    Liked
    300 times
    Your portfolio consists of one small image of a website without a larger view. The header image (the project image) appears to be out of focus. If you want feedback on your portfolio design you really need a portfolio that we can comment about.
    Last edited by delstu; Apr 04th, 2016 at 08:04 PM.

Member #
    I'm working on projects at the moment as I've recently started to take on actual designs so there isn't much as I wasn't asking for feedback on other designs except the portfolio's design.

I had not thought about the need of a larger image but it I understand it's importance now. I'll be fixing this. I think it'll be best for it to show a brief description & info about the project itself as well.
    The header image is out of focus except for a focal area. It's a stock image I've picked off as it seemed fit for a portfolio header (If that's a bad idea, I'd like to know!) and further applied an overlay darker color & noise for better image-sizing.

Thank you for you input, I consider it as valuable feedback here even if my design can not be considered as one, as I'm still learning.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I think the header is suppose to be out of focus, right?

Stu mentioned how weak/boring the portfolio is. There is no content. Did you ever code the site, or just create a psd? In portfolio's I think a smart thing to do is to post images as well as information about what you did exactly. Did you just design it? Code the front end? All of it? It will help for people to know what you're capable of.

I HATE those bars that tell you how well you are in html/css , php, and lua. It shows a lack of confidence. No one is 100% at everything, so for you to acknowledge it makes me believe you know less than others, which makes me question if you are the right person for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    300 times
    Quote Originally Posted by irfanDahir View Post
    The header image is out of focus except for a focal area. It's a stock image I've picked off as it seemed fit for a portfolio header (If that's a bad idea, I'd like to know!) and further applied an overlay darker color & noise for better image-sizing.
    The image is so small I cannot tell much of anything about it - all I can see is the "out of focus" - thus the need for an option to see a larger image. Adding content would benefit your site a lot.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    The image is so small I cannot tell much of anything about it - all I can see is the "out of focus" - thus the need for an option to see a larger image. Adding content would benefit your site a lot.
    I see what happened. We are talking about 2 separate images. I was on mobile and when I clicked the image to see the portfolio it tried to download and I closed it there. I went on my computer to see what you were seeing and realized you could choose to look at the portfolio or to download.

You are right, that image is very blurry and extremely distracting because of it

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Stu mentioned how weak/boring the portfolio is. There is no content. Did you ever code the site, or just create a psd? In portfolio's I think a smart thing to do is to post images as well as information about what you did exactly. Did you just design it? Code the front end? All of it? It will help for people to know what you're capable of.
    Understood, It does feel a bit "empty" now. I'm going to add a page for it or a popup right there which would elaborate on the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    I HATE those bars that tell you how well you are in html/css , php, and lua. It shows a lack of confidence. No one is 100% at everything, so for you to acknowledge it makes me believe you know less than others, which makes me question if you are the right person for the job.
    I concur, nobody is 100% at anything. My usage of these bars was that if I was to ever reach a good percentage in the bar, then that would mean that I'm capable of taking on the projects of those heights. But then again, thanks to your advice on this, I've looked at it from a new angle and it definitely seems like a bad idea.

I'll be replacing it with the just icons of these skills itself and that too at the bottom, so it could layer out the stuff I know. I don't know any better way, what do you think of this?

Regarding the discussion on the image, I'm unsure which one is the topic. So far there are two images on there.
    1. The header
    2. One of my design's thumbnail called "Portfolio"

Quote Originally Posted by irfanDahir View Post
    The header image I was talking about here was the first one. I think you may be talking about the latter? It is a bit blurred, I was hoping to reduce the image size as much as I could so it wouldn't take long to load. I can replace it with a high quality one enough to have it look crisp on desktops, but it may affect the page load. Nevertheless, I'll replace it.
    Last edited by irfanDahir; Apr 04th, 2016 at 01:11 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    300 times
    Yes, my comments apply only to your portfolio (projects) image. I agree that you need to improve the image quality enough that the image does not appear to be blurred. I also believe that you need a few more examples in your portfolio section. Your portfolio seems nearly empty with only one. I have no problem with the header at the top of the page.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    The homepage looks somehow unfinished and disorganised. The green "Projects" link just below the homepage header image looks like a dropdown, thus misleading, bad design choice. Also, do not see any reasons of having it here, it just makes it a bit more confusing. The size of H1 and H3 elements is too similar (where is H2 btw??), which makes recognising sub-links harder. Since you offer web design services, issues like that might scare potential clients off.

I also do not like those bars that show your level of knowledge, on what scale is that? I always wonder when I see these things on other websites.
    Last edited by hiitsme; Apr 04th, 2016 at 12:55 PM.

Member #
    Thank you everyone for your critique. I've been occupied lately however once I get to it I'll bump here the improved version with the portfolio implemented with the advices I got.

Quote Originally Posted by hiitsme View Post
    The size of H1 and H3 elements is too similar (where is H2 btw??), which makes recognising sub-links harder. Since you offer web design services, issues like that might scare potential clients off.
    I'll fix this but what did you mean by invalid sublinking could scare off potential clients? Didnt quite get this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads