Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: Email Interface - Open Source Webmail

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Exclamation Email Interface - Open Source Webmail

I'm in the process of designing the user interface of a popular open source webmail app. I would love to get your thoughts on it!

https://dribbble.com/shots/2637330-E...chments/528211

http://dribbble.com/johnjackson is my Dribbble page

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    It screams Wordpress to me because of the layout and colors. I like it, theres not much to complain about. Visually its a nice design. I don't see anything really unique or different that would make me want to use it over anyone else's, but theres not much you can really do with the subject your working on.

An issue you are going to find is that this is not a graphic design forum. While what you do can very well be considered web design. I mean you are designing for the web. The community here prefers to see code. The reason being a websites design is not so much how it looks, but a lot more how it works. Photos don't function well when trying to show us how a website will work.

That being said, you may not get very many responses, not because your work isn't good or appreciated, but because we just expect more.

I'll put it like this. Lets pretend you are GM and you were asking us to review a new model of a car. You show us a photo and say here you go, review it. Well that photo doesnt tell us how well the car handles, how smooth the engine runs, or if theres any issues with the car. Here on this forum we consider all that when reviewing a car. It would be sort of dishonest for us to say its a great car without knowing any of that info.

Same goes for websites/ web design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hiitsme likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Indeed, very hard to say anything without being able to click around. That's way I always recommend starting with basic ugly mockups, adding colours and stuff at the very end. Web design is not print design - looking good is not enough.

Remove Ads