Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Please review my site

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please review my site

Hello to all members!

I just made a site with event management services and trips offers.
    Also you can find unique traditional products, or to ask for custom travel packages.
    The web site is Malamas services
    It has 4 languages (greek, english, bulgarian and russian).

Tell me your opinion please.
    Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    It is extremely slow to load, at least on mobile.

I thought the buttons were broken, first because they didnt do anything while it was loading. Id click and it would do nothing. Had to wait for the whole page to load. Then when i did click it would change colors but you have to click again for it to actually work. Really bugged me.

I hate the justified aligned text. The ridiculous spacing between words to fill that block is just causing problems for me.

Then theres the logo, being a designer it just drives me crazy. Contrast is pretty much nonexistent, and the buttons on the home page are boring/ugly.

If you didn't make the logo, not really your fault, but the buttons need some help nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    +2 for not using WP and for actually trying to do your own thing.

I'll echo what Vapr_Arts said about the contrast in the logo, although the fix (from a non-designer's eye) is fairly simple...apply a stroke about 2-3 pixels thick and make it white. That would allow the text to remain (mostly) blue while theoretically increasing the legibility, although that would somewhat depend on that logo and font.

The contrast ratio on the site itself is actually pretty good. Most people miss this completely, and you're one of the few who took it into consideration.

I'd lose the mystery meat navigation on the photos on the second page. I didn't know they were menu items. Put the text underneath if you have to.

Depending on your target market, you may want an English site. It's hard for us to comment on content when we don't speak Greek, so I won't go down that road.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    +2 for not using WP and for actually trying to do your own thing.

I'll echo what Vapr_Arts said about the contrast in the logo, although the fix (from a non-designer's eye) is fairly simple...apply a stroke about 2-3 pixels thick and make it white. That would allow the text to remain (mostly) blue while theoretically increasing the legibility, although that would somewhat depend on that logo and font.

The contrast ratio on the site itself is actually pretty good. Most people miss this completely, and you're one of the few who took it into consideration.

I'd lose the mystery meat navigation on the photos on the second page. I didn't know they were menu items. Put the text underneath if you have to.

Depending on your target market, you may want an English site. It's hard for us to comment on content when we don't speak Greek, so I won't go down that road.
    At the bottom of the home page there is a button to change the language to english and a few other options. This button is one of the last things to load and because of that it doesn't work the moment it appears. If you let the site load for about a minute then you should be able to change the language. Unless for some odd reason its only an option on mobile?
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Wow, I missed that button completely. All the stuff spinning and loading totally drew my eye away from it. That, and "lang" is not something people would clue into.

Also, flags aren't languages. Why flags do not represent languages | Flags are not languages

You've got a few misspellings (e.g. Management instead of Managment, Carrer instead of Career). You'll also want to look at the title attribute on the English pages...the title is still Greek.

Here's my big issue, and this is coming from someone with a "travel" site of sorts in the works. You'll want to make it as easy as you can for people to make a reservation, and you'll want to automate it as much as possible. Why? So that the site can do the heavy lifting. If you can do that, then you'll also make it a lot easier down the road for travel agents and people with say a travel site that want to make an affiliate income referring people to your destination tours (not to be confused with thin affiliate lazy people). Right now, your reservation asks for four things, and only two are required. If someone wants to book travel through your website, for the love of God book 'em while you have the chance!
    Vapr_Arts likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads