Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By iDiz
  • 2 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By Lou Neri
  • 1 Post By iDiz
  • 1 Post By iDiz

Thread: Please review my webdesign !! My site is not live yet but very soon

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please review my webdesign !! My site is not live yet but very soon

Hey everyone !

This is my first post and i'm here to ask if you guys can look at the webdesign that i have for my futur website that is not live yet.
    The design has been made by a team of students here in France and i am having second thought regarding the colors for exemples.

I have made a prototype on Marvel app that you can fine here : https://marvelapp.com/5917e5g

Any remarks will help !
    Thanks

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iDiz View Post
    Hey everyone !

This is my first post and i'm here to ask if you guys can look at the webdesign that i have for my futur website that is not live yet.
    The design has been made by a team of students here in France and i am having second thought regarding the colors for exemples.

I have made a prototype on Marvel app that you can fine here : https://marvelapp.com/5917e5g

Any remarks will help !
    Thanks

For me, the website looks good.

Just the logo, I think it doesnt fit on your service or on the website...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Neri View Post
    For me, the website looks good.

Just the logo, I think it doesnt fit on your service or on the website...

Oh damn it, i love my logo
    Do you have any idea of what it could be?

Thanks for the feedback !

Member #
    Liked
    300 times
    The logo looks like a jellyfish. Is that relevant to your service or the rest of your design?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    The logo looks like a jellyfish. Is that relevant to your service or the rest of your design?

It is indeed a jellyfish.

It is relevant because my service is based on a community and here is the definition of this jellyfish :

"Turritopsis dohrnii, the immortal jellyfish, is a species of small, biologically immortal jellyfish[2][3] found in the Mediterranean Sea and in the waters of Japan. It is one of the known cases of animals capable of reverting completely to a sexually immature, colonial stage after having reached sexual maturity as a solitary individual. "

My service is an online social networking service of idea filing and project management. The goal is to allow people to drop there idea and create innovation based on there ideas with the help of the community.

We want our community to be "immortal"

Plus, we wanted some kind of mascot in order to be able to customize it.
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    The thing is, I have seen dead jellyfish, so they are definitely not immortal in my eyes. Now I understand this may be a specific jellyfish and they very well may be immortal, but if you have to explain it to everyone why thats your mascot its not good. Even if I hadn't seen any, I would have never associated that with a jellyfish.

Now, I personally do not like the logo either, but that doesn't mean you have to completely give up on the Jellyfish. Just not that one/that way.

The icon itself is too far from the text and personally I dislike the font choice in the logo. The logo needs a lot of work.

As for the site. Its not very mobile friendly. I cannot read a single thing other than headings when I am on my phone. I also cannot zoom in, so its literally non accessible on a phone. So this is where my critique has to stop since I cannot actually look at the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lou Neri and satindertech like this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Oh damn it, i love my logo
    Sometimes we have to understand the difference between things that we like, and the things that works

But I agree Vapr_Arts, it doesnt mean that if we dont like your logo, you have to stop right there.
    In the end it depends on how you promote your website, on how your services works, etc. and not entirely
    on the logo itself.

Just a quick tip:

Focus more on what your target market likes, not on what you like
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    The thing is, I have seen dead jellyfish, so they are definitely not immortal in my eyes. Now I understand this may be a specific jellyfish and they very well may be immortal, but if you have to explain it to everyone why thats your mascot its not good. Even if I hadn't seen any, I would have never associated that with a jellyfish.

Now, I personally do not like the logo either, but that doesn't mean you have to completely give up on the Jellyfish. Just not that one/that way.

The icon itself is too far from the text and personally I dislike the font choice in the logo. The logo needs a lot of work.

As for the site. Its not very mobile friendly. I cannot read a single thing other than headings when I am on my phone. I also cannot zoom in, so its literally non accessible on a phone. So this is where my critique has to stop since I cannot actually look at the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi !

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I agree with the fact that if i always have to explain my logo to everyone it might not be the best... I'll what we can do with this logo, work on it or work on a new one maybe, but it takes time.

Regarding the text and the icon, i'll also look into it asap.

As for the website, it actually isn't really one

It's a prototype on Marvel app. So basically it's webdesign in PNG files put together so that people can have a look at the design.
    The webdesigns are for desktop only and you cannot click anywhere you like because i have made the links and you also cannot zoom.

I did that so that i could have feedback before starting coding.
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Neri View Post
    Sometimes we have to understand the difference between things that we like, and the things that works

But I agree Vapr_Arts, it doesnt mean that if we dont like your logo, you have to stop right there.
    In the end it depends on how you promote your website, on how your services works, etc. and not entirely
    on the logo itself.

Just a quick tip:

Focus more on what your target market likes, not on what you like
    Hello ! Thanks you so much for your feedback !

I might not trow away the logo but defenetly look more into it, the jellyfish, the fonts and the color that i find a bit "sad", it's really dark.
    But the logo comes with some writing aswell that i'm putting here for you to see also. what do you thinks of this?

Regarding your tip, i'll see what other competitors are doing but from what i all ready know, there don't really have a logo mascot but more of just the writting.

Thanks !Ecriture_idiz_couleur_transparent.jpg
    satindertech likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Not catchy...

Remove Ads