Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

healthcareinsured.co.uk

Hi everyone,

This site has gone through 3 redesigns and now it is the best it's ever been. Perhaps not perfect but I expect it will convert a lot better once I launch it again on Adwords.

I have one specific query- there is an H1 title tag at the top above the form- should it be hidden/ text be same colour as background i.e. is it distracting?

I plan to setup maybe a couple of variations in the future so would like thoughts on colour, layout etc.

healthcareinsured.co.uk | Compare UK healthcare, Private health insurance from a range of companies

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    First of all, here's a conclusive list of the situations under which you should "SEO hide" content in an h tag.
    Code:
    <!-- BEGIN LIST //-->

<!-- END LIST //-->
    Bad idea. Always was a bad idea, always will be a bad idea. If you have something important enough to say in an h tag, it's important enough for your users to see it. There are SEO wannabes who will tell you otherwise...you can safely ignore them or invoke your right to make them feel about a foot tall for violating SEO best practices and hurting the user experience.

The design is definitely better overall than the purple/blue design as far as colours go. It does have issues, though:

1) It isn't responsive. Well...it is from a purely technical standpoint, but watch what happens when you shrink your browser down to say cell phone portrait size. There are quite a few things that go squirrelly when this happens (logo/menu too far down, the graphic on the "left" goes to the top as it should but the text then doesn't make sense in context, etc.)

2) "qoutes" is misspelled.

3) The four boxes would ideally be the same height.

4) The designer credit hyperlinks in the footer aren't helping you. Take them out. You paid people to do work for you. That's where the transaction ends.

5) The "why health insurance" page doesn't make sense. They're already here looking for private health insurance. You're describing a life jacket to someone who's in over his head in the ocean. Give the person the life jacket!

6) This is the big one...you don't say who you are. As in address, phone number, ideally a name. You want people to pass personal information on about themselves without any real idea of who's receiving it other than (possibly) the insurance companies. There's also no SSL here. I wouldn't dream of providing legitimately identifiable information without an SSL.

The things on this list will definitely affect your conversion ratio and should be addressed before you run an Adwords campaign.
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Apr 14th, 2016 at 11:26 AM.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    H1 tags: I'll keep it as it is. It was not so much an SEO trick as how it looks aesthetically, as it stands I think it's fine remaining there?

Responsiveness: I'm aware it looks slightly odd when shrunk down, and probably on mobile too. What advice do you have to make it responsive?

Yep I just noticed too, will correct that, thanks.
    >>2) "qoutes" is misspelled.

The designer has had problems getting them aligned, if he can't do it I'll get someone else to make the changes.

>>3) The four boxes would ideally be the same height.

This is true though I don't have an issue with them having their details on there.

>>4) The designer credit hyperlinks in the footer aren't helping you. Take them out. You paid people to do work for you. That's where the transaction ends.

Fair point. I'm not sure what else to put on here- most competitor sites also have a page like this so it's standard really even though it adds no major value.

>>5) The "why health insurance" page doesn't make sense. They're already here looking for private health insurance. You're describing a life jacket to someone who's in over his head in the ocean. Give the person the life jacket!

I don't have a registered company yet and I'm not willing to put my home address/number on it yet. Once I do i will.

On the issue of SSL I have just purchased a certificate and will be installing this later.

>>6) This is the big one...you don't say who you are. As in address, phone number, ideally a name. You want people to pass personal information on about themselves without any real idea of who's receiving it other than (possibly) the insurance companies. There's also no SSL here. I wouldn't dream of providing legitimately identifiable information without an SSL.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    For #5: you're better off with nothing than with something unoriginal. Following what competitors do just because they do it is never a good idea; you don't know whether or not it works, and even if it does work that isn't a guarantee that it will work for you. About all you're doing is diluting both yours and your competitor's marketing efforts.

As far as how to fix the responsiveness, you'd need someone to put the menu/logo back up on the top. You'd also need to get the insurance company logos cleaned up. You'll need the instructions fixed. You'll need to make sure things don't overlap on top of other things. This isn't one of those "quick fix" sort of things. It'll take a bit of time.

As far as #6 is concerned, I normally don't recommend this because I find it shady as it's most commonly used by offshore companies pretending to be onshore companies, but you may want to look into a virtual office.

Virtual Office Space in the UK. Virtual Offices from Regus UK

Now...a savvy Googler will likely be able to determine your office if you do this (basically, you Google the address including the suite and sometimes the virtual office info shows up). So it's not 100% foolproof. As a temporary solution for a one-person show, though, it might work, and it's one of the rare circumstances where I'd consider it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads