Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: © problems

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Whenever I attempt to insert the & copy mark into the online editor of my webpage with Internet Explorer, IE changes that code into the copyright symbol (which I am unable to show here) the next time I view my code in the online editor. The problem with this is then IE will show a ? (question mark) instead of the copyright symbol. With & copy, it shows the proper symbol. Is there any way to stop this, or at least, is there another way to show the copyright symbol, such as a small javascript?

EDIT: to space & copy

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Are you using © ? You should theoretically be able to just type Alt-0169 using the numeric pad on your keyboard too.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    lol ok it works at this site. What I mean is, when I type "& copy"(space omitted) into the browser and save it, it will show the &copy symbol. But then later on, when I reopen the page for editing, I find that my typed out code, "& copy", gets changed to the actual copyright symbol &copy within the code.

When this happens (my code changes from "& copy" to the copyright symbol), Internet explorer does not show the actual symbol... it instead shows a question mark. It will only show the cp symbol if I type &copy, but that then changes back into the actual cp symbol when I reopen my code; hence the problem reoccurs!

I am not sure why it is changing my code from "& copy" to &copy , but that is the problem. lol

Remove Ads