Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By delstu
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Airport Transfers, Guided Tours and other tourism activities website

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Red face Airport Transfers, Guided Tours and other tourism activities website

This is the first website I "published", could someone give some tips on what to improve visually?

Also I don't know if it is because the website is new (about 2 weeks old) but it has horrible google results placement. What can I do be better placed on google?

My-TicketShop

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    The way you put "published" has me curious if this is a theme? Is it? If it is, it's unfair for us to critique it unless you have made some major changes.

As far as Google results, being new can cause it to rank low at first in some cases. Also, did you submit a sitemap? Just a quick glance at your homepage shows very little copy(text). Content is a major factor in ranking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    webdesignnewb likes this.

Member #
    I did use five template from squarespace. I made some changes changes but nothing too major.

I did submit a sitemap, but whatelse can I in google webmaster tools do to improve the site? Regarding the lack of copy, I tried to make it as simple as possible but still having the most used keywords on the homepage.

Thanks for the reply, I will be adding more content soon.

Member #
    Liked
    300 times
    Keeping it simple is not the same as a lack of content - you have virtually none and Google will not even consider listing your site anywhere that it can be found. If you cannot fix this, nothing else matters; the site is a waste of time until you do.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    This is the second time this has happened today for some reason. This is a thin affiliate site for bookeo.com. This is the reason that there isn't much content here.

Now, if you're building this to learn how to build something and possibly make some extra money while learning, okay. Squarespace will do you absolutely no favors, though, and as Stu said you don't have much content. Until you deal with those, you probably won't get very far. If you're building this to make a living...won't happen with the way you've started.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thank you all for the advice, I will be trying to remove as much content from bookeo and placed in the site instead (tours description and images), as well as adding some other content to the home page and making an about us page. I'm making this site for my parents company, I know a thing or two about computers but have no experience in web.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Taking it from their site and putting it on your parents' site isn't a good idea, either. For starters, you're dealing with potential legal issues i.e. copyright infringement. Even as an affiliate, that's a grey area. The other issue is SEO...duplicate content is frowned upon.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Nothing illegal here, I setup both the site and the bookeo store. Bookeo can work as a standalone store or there is also the option to get a widget on a website, which I opted. So this isn't an affiliate, I wanted to just use squarespace but their store didn't have all the option I needed, that's where bookeo came in. Hope this was understandable

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    The website lacks quality content, stuff that takes into account the needs of the users and tries to convince them that the company can meet them. It takes quite a bit of time to come up with relevant and usable content, not some copying and keyword stuffing, but actual thinking, writing, re-writing...

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by webdesignnewb View Post
    Nothing illegal here, I setup both the site and the bookeo store. Bookeo can work as a standalone store or there is also the option to get a widget on a website, which I opted. So this isn't an affiliate, I wanted to just use squarespace but their store didn't have all the option I needed, that's where bookeo came in. Hope this was understandable
    I was actually referring to taking stuff off of the bookeo website and putting it on yours. That's a grey area. If they give you widgets to do it, you obviously have permission. If not, then you'll have to check.

Remove Ads