Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Review My Website

Hi I have launched a new website glu7.com which is in testing mode for now. I would really appreciate if you guys take some time out and test it, I really want some real time audience's reviews.

Waiting for your reviews.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    This is everything that I hate about modern "web design".

"Build a site without coding".
    Templates.
    Mindless copy with obvious spelling and grammar errors (e.g. "VIST")
    Fake addresses.
    An obvious shill testimonial from a company desperate to do business. I happen to live about 3 minutes from DSD Mobile's first address. It's a kiosk in a 1980's mall that is slowly dying and losing one of its key tenants (the library) within two months.
    Stock photos.

Your site and concept takes up hard drive space that could be better used for...well, something original.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thank you so much for the detailed review, everything you pointed out will be going under the development process again! Kindly share your experience for the website builder (if you used it)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    And why would I use it?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    And why would I use it?
    Well that's the reason behind it.
    I want persons like you who are with strong knowledge of web designing to check it and tell me whats missing in it and what is unnecessary.

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The entire concept is unnecessary. Building a website if you don't know how to code is foolish and limiting. You just saw other people doing it and decided to jump on the bandwagon regardless of whether or not it made sense to do so.

There's no reason for any legitimate designers and developers to use something that they have no use for.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Out of curiosity I had a look at the website builder, it is not easy to use at all, at least to me, not obvious what I can do and what I cannot, very confusing in general.

As for the whole concept... never heard of anyone who does not regret using a website builder, especially if a person thinks in the long run. Don't know if it is so everywhere, but I started noticing a slight trend of moving away from using templates, builders and stuff, people have started to slowly realise that it is not cheaper at all that way.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I think it depends on the location and other factors. Here (as in Ontario, Canada), I've noticed a trend toward the website builders and I've lost two clients to them in the past six months...one of whom wrecked their site completely and the other of whom decided to use their graphic designer because they figured she could use wix.com to build the site. Fortunately in my case, both clients were "fringe" and I have already replaced them quite easily.

In the States, I've noticed people moving away from builders. In particular, I've noticed people starting to migrate away from third party carts due to their need to customize the carts and the inability of the carts to allow customization.

Personally, I think there will be a place for a website builder for the foreseeable future. By "a place", I mean "a small group of people who don't understand how a website is supposed to work and think it will be easy to build and that people will flock to the site and it will make billions of dollars and everyone can retire within a week." I think it will eventually die The Internet Death, though...that's where something is still used in small pockets but out of the mainstream (also known as Terminal MySpace Disease).

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    The entire concept is unnecessary. Building a website if you don't know how to code is foolish and limiting. You just saw other people doing it and decided to jump on the bandwagon regardless of whether or not it made sense to do so.

There's no reason for any legitimate designers and developers to use something that they have no use for.
    We actually had small businesses in mind.... Think of a florist in the streets of Brooklyn who has very limited resources and her best bet to expand her reach id through social media and a website. $5 a month is a pretty affordable way to get her into limelight.... I do understand that custom development has its perks!

Basically the whole idea of launching it was to get this builder introduced in that audience which is looking for some cheaper alternate.

And I thank you so much that you gave my website plenty of your time. It will definitely be a positive step for me in changing the things you mentioned.

Again, as you pointed out, it does depend on locale and other demographic factors. Our initial goal is to capture value from small businesses. Provide them a platform where they can confidently put a link over their card or their kiosk. Ofc we're thinking of expansion, but the current idea to capture value from small businesses. We want to grow, but we want to grow with the community.
    Last edited by MattGraham; Jul 28th, 2016 at 08:31 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hiitsme View Post
    Out of curiosity I had a look at the website builder, it is not easy to use at all, at least to me, not obvious what I can do and what I cannot, very confusing in general.

As for the whole concept... never heard of anyone who does not regret using a website builder, especially if a person thinks in the long run. Don't know if it is so everywhere, but I started noticing a slight trend of moving away from using templates, builders and stuff, people have started to slowly realise that it is not cheaper at all that way.
    Your feedback is welcome, hiitsme

I'd love you and others to break the problems into science and guide us on what can be done to make a customer's website-building experience, a better one... Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads