Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Please review my website

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Lightbulb Please review my website

Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I am looking for some constructive feedback on my website. Can you please review Lanter Technologies | IT Services and let me know your thoughts on the following?

Do you understand
    - what service we provide?
    - who are we targeting? home/business
    - Would you use this service if you needed help?

Thanks,

Rob

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    There goes another one with a pop up on the front page to sign up, never knowing what you would be signing up for.other than updates before you read the site.. There are better ways to ask someone to join up for news letters and updates other than a popup on the landing page when it's opened.

When I see those popups I leave the site and go no further, my personal opinion.
    robh likes this.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    [QUOTE=bleau canon;285037]

Hi Bleau canon, thanks for the feedback. I take your point, and have removed the pop-up.
    bleau canon and Ronald Roe like this.

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    [QUOTE=robh;285038]
    Quote Originally Posted by bleau canon View Post

Hi Bleau canon, thanks for the feedback. I take your point, and have removed the pop-up.
    Thank you. I'll look over your site just as soon as I get a chance today.
    Maybe someone else will jump in and give you a review also.

Two things I personally think are disrespectful to viewers to a website are pop ups and video's that start up automatically. I leave immediately when I see those two things. That is a no no on any website we build and manage.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Well first off since I didn't get a pop up when I clicked on your site I am assuming you have listened to bleau canon's advice which is always outstanding. Congratulations on being open to suggestions and making changes to make your site better. I am like her and click off of any site that gives me a pop up on looking at a site.

I am not as expert as many of the others on here but my feelings were that the home page didn't convey your message well and since many visitors never get beyond the home page that might cause people to not understand what you really do. Your entire message on the home page is to simplify the IT experience. I think adding a little more to explain what you do to simplify the experience might get more people to click past the home page.

I did like the News and updates which could grab someone's attention and get them to spend more time on your site. I thought that was excellent and the topics seem engaging.
    bleau canon and robh like this.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    The typography on the site is generally acceptable, though the font is a little small, and because it's so small, the lightness makes it hard to read. You're going to want to either go bolder or bigger. I suggest bigger, as the light font works well with the design.

Content-wise, after a few minutes scrolling around your main page, I still have no idea what it is this company provides. I know it's IT related, and that you claim to be really good at it, but I can't ascertain what exactly "it" is.

You have 30 seconds or less to tell most people arriving to your site what it is you do and why you're better. Get that information right in front of them. Never count on them to click through to your services section.

Make the "Simplifying your IT experience" tagline a header. Below that header, tell me exactly what you do in no more than 2 lines. Kick the logo out of the hero image. I already know it's Lanter Technologies by the name in the header. Consider putting the image portion of the logo, the peacock looking thing, next to the name in the header.
    bleau canon and robh like this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe View Post
    The typography on the site is generally acceptable, though the font is a little small, and because it's so small, the lightness makes it hard to read. You're going to want to either go bolder or bigger. I suggest bigger, as the light font works well with the design.
    Thanks Ronald, and Turboguy.

I have taken your feedback on board and updated the home page. Agree the logo isn't the main focus here - it should be our services. Please have a look at let me know if I am on the right track!

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Much better. The text on the image is a bit difficult to read, though.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Junior Member convergentinfoware's Avatar
    Member #
    Hi,

Good looking site but If you can change your banner text color or banner image then it will be more visible.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by convergentinfoware View Post
    Hi,

Good looking site but If you can change your banner text color or banner image then it will be more visible.
    Thanks for both comments above - I have made the background darker. I believe the text is easier to read now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads