Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Trial Run Website Feedback Please

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Lightbulb Trial Run Website Feedback Please

I am a newbie at this and would like some more seasoned vets advice on what I could improve on. Any input is greatly apprecitted.

HCH Website Design DallasWebsite Design and Marketing Company

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    You definitely need to rethink your website design and come up with a new design, and forget about that landing page banner for one that shows more professionalism.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The SEO is ice-cream headache painful. If the SEO can be spotted, you're doing it wrong.

I'm not sure what the video is about. It just seems like a random addition designed to show off.

And you're using Squarespace? No. Just...no.

Okay, you're a newbie. I get it. We were all newbies. Here's the problem with that statement...you're a newbie trying to sell professional services with no real knowledge. Picture this slightly extreme analogy: you're in the hospital and you need brain surgery. The surgeon walks in. He tells you that he knows everything there is to know about brain surgery, You're reassured. However, just as he's giving you the knockout gas he says, "oh, by the way, this is my first brain surgery...but don't worry, i can do this myself." Too late, right? This is what you're selling to businesses. You're marketing yourself as a professional with no real professional experience.

Your best bet is to get hired on by an agency, learn on the fly, get some experience, and then branch out.
    bleau canon likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I agree, Squarespace is... no, just no!!

The landing page had me wondering, ???, then I dazed out, then I realized it was going no where, then I realized there were links. Animations are cool if you're making a movie but in actual design they just never work. I work with some really great UI and frontend freelance designers/ARTIST (capitalized to stress) and they all work the landing page the same. Not because of standards but because it works. If your visitors/potential customers don't find the information in the first 3 seconds they are gone. Giddy doesn't impress. It annoys! Cut back big time on the giddy and K.I.S.S. These big headers are the modern thing no-a-days but the really good ones will pull the content up into the banner and have the site navagation and a bit of 'useful' information. This is hard to explain, it just comes with experience and practice.

As for being a newbie, I see that in your pricing. No more said. You have got to figure that out for yourself. Once again, experience and practice! But my advice... advice and it's only advice, don't list your pricing. You'll figure out why with experience and practice! I'm not leaving these questions unanswered because it's a big secert or something Mr/Ms Hilliard it's just experience and practice isn't something even the best Guru could teach.

Freelance web design is a hard business. The money is good, real good. When it comes! Just take your time and keep building. Don't be affraid to build a site that stinks. That's a good way to get some experience and practice.

Good luck!

John

Remove Ads