Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By turboguy
  • 1 Post By turboguy
  • 1 Post By hiitsme

Thread: Review my website: Google Drive and Photos on the map

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Review my website: Google Drive and Photos on the map

While Google Drive provides excellent service for storing your photos, it is not easy to browse and find your pictures. MyFotoPlaces enables the map view of your pictures and simplifies browsing the places where you have snapped pictures. Using saved Geotagging, MyFotoPlaces quickly finds pictures using the places where you snapped the fotos.

https://www.myfotoplaces.com

Feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Personally I don't like sites that you have to join to see anything. I really didn't think there was enough of a compelling presentation on the page I could view to get me to want to join.

Member #
    Why some one would register to see google maps, while anyone can use google maps using google's own service. So, what is the purpose of building this site?

Member #
    Thank you for feedback. The purpose of site is to see your pictures on map -- locations where pictures taken. For example, gallery of your last holiday trip. For this purpose you should sign up with Google credentials, so your pictures could be loaded ans shown.

But well, I noted your point and try to make some demo page where a user can try to see idea without logging in. It will probably can convince user to login.

Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    I was able to figure out what the site was about when I looked at it and do think the demo page could help. I think if you can get them to try it then they may find it interesting and get hooked.

I could see the potential for this being popular but I am not the worlds best at figuring out what ideas will catch on. I can recall in the early days of computers some people theorizing that someday there would be a computer in every house. I really thought they were having pipe dreams. At the time the only programs available for computers were WordStar for word processing, Lotus 123 for a spreadsheet and DBII for a data base. Now not only does most everyone have a computer in their home but one in their pocket. Forecasting popularity is definitely not my strong point. Now I see people saying there will be a 3D printer in every home and I think that is milarky. Since I don't believe it will ever happen you can be sure it will.
    myfotoplaces likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    I really like the concept, had a similar idea myself. However, I agree with the opinion that requiring users to sign up while showing so little about the application and its benefits is unlikely to work. You are requiring a lot from users - to be bothered to sign up, thus you need to do your best to convince them that it is worth doing it. Ideally, users should be able to try it without signing up and sign up to finish it, but that is harder to implement.

Member #
    Hi!

I followed feedback and made improvements.

What is new:
    - reworked front page
    - added Demo mode, available on front page. Demo mode shows all feature without sign up (dummy data)
    - added "My Places" panel for quick navigation.

More feedback wanted!

www.myfotoplaces.com

Thank you.

Member #
    I added new functionality and feature, e.g. you can now pin your photos to location (geotagged shown automatically). Look forward for feedback

https://www.myfotoplaces.com/

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by myfotoplaces View Post
    I added new functionality and feature, e.g. you can now pin your photos to location (geotagged shown automatically). Look forward for feedback

https://www.myfotoplaces.com/

hi, I made many changes and improvements on my site. For example, you can save pictures to from a place to PDF file. Please review again.

Thanks

Remove Ads