Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hiitsme

Thread: Review of my new website

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Review of my new website

Hello, trying to get some feel as to our new website. We are still working the bugs out but would like to get some opinions. This month we had 2500 individual views but the conversion rate was much lower than we though. We have a lot of abandoned carts as well. The website is www.roguerivertactical.com PLease let me know of any insight. We also use stripe as our processor and wondering if anybody else uses them for checkout
    Thank you
    Vicky

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    One thing that might be hurting your conversions is that you do not specify your delivery policies - where do you deliver to, how much it is, what payment methods you accept. Personally, I always leave when everything is so obscure. In general the website does not look very trustworthy: the design is not too great, which might imply no trustworthy company behind it, no contact info apart from an email address, no "your data is secure with us because we use [logo]" logos that users like, no customer reviews/testimonials, pretty much no About us information etc. It does not look like a website many users would trust to put their payment details.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    First of all, 2500 visitors isn't a lot to go on. It's not a horribly small sample size, but you want at least 4 times that if you want a good sample size.

There is a big problem that I can see that could partly explain a low conversion rate, though. Put an item into your cart and watch what happens. You don't go to a cart review page. You don't see an indicator that something was added. You don't see anything at all. I had to go to the Cart page to find what I had put in there. Most people won't do that.
    For further information about our return policy, please contact us at (xxx)xxx-xxxx.
    Phone number's missing there. That's on your return policy page.
    Website Developed by Partnered Solutions IT | Designed by Ruby Porter Marketing & Design
    This is doing you no favors whatsoever, and designers and developers that do this should really stop. It's a horrible practice.

Look at it this way: you don't see the logo of the company that developed a Ford commercial at the bottom of the commercial. There's a reason for that.

If you look at your New Arrivals, you see basically the same product four times. There needs to be some way to distinguish them.

The background for Related Items needs to go. Pictures over a picture always looks weird, and it's hard to read the text underneath. A different solid color would suffice.

To sum this up, it looks like a half-finished site or one that's still supposed to be in "beta" mode. It needs some work for it to go live. hiitsme covered some of your other issues.

By the way, I'm a developer and not a designer so my viewpoint will be different than most.
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Sep 22nd, 2016 at 07:43 AM. Reason: "Conversion" typo.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads