Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By delstu
  • 1 Post By Wicked Web Design

Thread: Ranking In Google

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Ranking In Google

I launched a new site 1 week ago and am currently ranking anywhere from page 2 to page 7 in Google depending on the keyword search term. Needless to say I want to increase my ranking. I welcome any suggestions or critiques of my site. Auto Body Shop Near Me - Greensboro, Winston Salem, High Point

www.autobody-pros.com
    Last edited by falderfer; Sep 22nd, 2016 at 12:02 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by falderfer View Post
    I launched a new site 1 week ago and am currently ranking anywhere from page 2 to page 7 in Google depending on the keyword search term. Needless to say I want to increase my ranking. I welcome any suggestions or critiques of my site. Auto Body Shop Near Me - Greensboro, Winston Salem, High Point
    Create a blog about your business, write content with seo techniques ...http://m.wikihow.com/Write-SEO-Content

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Why are you using Wix?

Do you have any web design or development skills?

Who wrote the content? - I see keyword stuffing!

Has anyone done any keyword research?

First, it usually takes time for the search engines to make up their minds about where your site should be positioned - could be as long as six months - so don't expect immediate results.

You don't say what the addresses are of your shops - helps with local search results.

There are several more things to address on your site but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.
    TheGAME1264 and ascentdigital like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    ...Needless to say I want to increase my ranking.
    No, you don't. You think you do because it's what you were told to think by the establishment spouters of our industry. But you don't.

Why don't you? Because ranking means nothing. Why does it mean nothing? Because, as your own searches have told you, it can vary greatly depending on several factors...including factors related to the same search term (personalization, geolocation, etc.) Your site has also been up for one week...sites don't just start receiving traffic from search just because we put them up.

There's also the issue of "ranking" for a keyword that doesn't generate converting traffic and several others that receive a daily death beating on this forum.

So what matters? Converting traffic. Since your site is a week old, you've probably got several months' worth of proper marketing (not SEO marketing where you jam keywords into every page on your site) ahead of you. Stu quite rightly pointed out several issues. I'll point out your all-encompassing issue: it's not distinctly yours. As Stu pointed out, you don't have an address for any of your shops..just three VoIP numbers. That helps out quite a bit.

What also helps is to have photographs of your auto body work. The Toyota at the top of your page is a nice looking car, but you didn't do the work on it. The same logic goes for your stock photo of the girl answering the phone...use your actual shop reception desk.

Basically, think of how someone would want to find your business and what they'd want to see, and build your site toward that. It would take care of most of the issues Stu has pointed out, and several others he probably wanted to.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Like TheGame was saying it's way too early to realistically expect much. 2 to 3 months and the Auto Body Niche is a hard one. I know first hand I have an auto body client.

My advice:

1. Your meta description is keyword stuffed. Not friendly to the reader. This meta isn't important for ranking anyways. Throw some nice words with your phone number and company name in there.

2. Your Meta Title doesn't need all the Cities either. You would be better off building inner pages for each, optimizing around the exact city and more of the keyword "Auto Body Shop" "Dent Repair"

3. Name all your pictures after keywords, change alt text.

4. Unfollow / No index your about us page link on home page. Same unfollow/noindex all other irrelevant pages you don't need to rank like Gallery, etc...

5. I didn't read through all the content, but there's no reason to keyword stuff when everything else is done correctly. I'd mention the main keywords two or three times in different variations.

6. Add more content, 700 to 900 words

7. Go down and shoot a video of their shop, run it through Youtube and embed it.

This (On-Page) is going to count for like 25% of what needs to be done.

Then it's time for off-page SEO (75%). If you don't know off-page find someone and pay them. Auto body in those cities are going to have a hard time ranking without it. Don't just go with the first guy who says he's good. Everyone is an expert, trust me. Make them show you proof of rankings they have achieved. If they aren't ranking for their own term "SEO Their City" chances are they are going to have a difficult time ranking you. If the price is under $1000 mo, that's usually another red flag. Good SEO's aren't cheap. Cheap SEO's aren't good.

I know SEO but not for hire through anyone on this forum. I came here to strictly to learn web design. There are some good ones out there just do your homework before choosing.

Have fun!!

Car Paint Shops Near Me - Greensboro, Winston Salem, High Point
    Last edited by Wicked Web Design; Oct 05th, 2016 at 11:00 PM.
    ascentdigital likes this.

Remove Ads