Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just curious on opinions to the basic design of this site. Any comments and suggestions accepted during the design stage of the website.
    Thanx
    namdesign

steve.jrl-consulting.com

EDIT by SplufDaddy: Formatted URL

Member #
    I like it so far. My biggest suggestion for you is to get rid of the hotmail address. That looks extremely unprofessional. And be sure to include rollovers with this design. I looooove rollovers. :ichatangel:

Member #
    Thanks for the fast responce.
    Chamberland painting just purchased the domain name so I will now be able to use @chambpainting.com which will look much more professional. I also do plan to use rollovers once the seconday pages are designed and functioning. Thanks for the suggestions. It is helpful.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    First of all, "References" is misspelled.

Secondly, I'm not a big fan of all-graphic opening pages. They're not very search-engine friendly as a rule of thumb (and this is the page that will get indexed first and foremost in 99% of cases) and they also tend to take longer to load, which can drive away a good number of people.

It's real purdy though. I'll give it that. I like the colour scheme and the sans-serif fonts used. Makes stuff easy to read, and I'm down with that.

I'd give it a 3.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thanks for the response. And for noticing the misspelling. I haven't run spell-check on the site thus far. Not even the client has viewed this yet. As for being an "all Graphic Site" I just began this site. I have been in the preliminary design stages and just began the mock up in fireworks. There for I just exported the site for viewing purposes only. I will optimize the site for best viewing when the final stages approach. Thanks for the feedback. I am just worried about the looks right now. I deal with the coding of the website after the layout is completed to my liking and the clients liking.

Member #
    I like it a lot and i think it is very suited for a decoraters site
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    Im not sure the blur is working very well for you on your page. It looks good at first glace but when ppl stop to look at it they get confused. Most places prefer crisp clear images on their opening page. Also check the layers on the center circle its overlaping stuff it shouldent be. And your definatly gonna need to have rollovers.

Remove Ads