Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Thoughts on a draft for my personal page?

This is the webpage in question: A Pen by William stensen

I am not sure about the colour of the header or the search bar in the header, but I really like the background (turqouise is my favourite colour lol). But what do you guys think? Are there anything I should add/remove?

I know the footer is a little short, but it'll have to do for now haha

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Hello Wost and welcome to the our Forum,

First off I love the fact that you asked us to review your draft and it's actually something that is coded, a lot of people just have an image for a draft for us to review and it helps to see if you can actually code it, so good job!

I am not fond of the Dark header and footer, or how they are smaller than the main content section. When I first saw it I thought you coded the header and footer wrong. Also I would rather see the content aligned left rather than middle.

I looked up turquoise website design to get an idea of what colors work well together for a different option for your dark header/footer and I found this that I really like: https://bestwebsite.gallery/wordpres...1/09/iavra.jpg so they still use dark gray but in a limited fashion. And they use the turquoise in the header section and as complementing color through out the website, rather than on the whole background. So this is just an idea. I like to research my subjects websites or colors I want to use to get an idea of whats common or what colors I should work with.

Keep at it though, you are off to a great start!

Member #
    I have addressed your concerns and ridden myself of the turquoise background (although I might look into reimplementing it, I really liked it!) and rather splashed the colours on the header.

I agree with the fact that the header and the footer should be as long as the rest of the content. After I had shrunken them, I kind of liked it that way, but now when I have strecthed them out, I like that better. I have also aligned the content to the left and liked that better too.

I set the font of the "logo" to Consolas, because I wanted a fixed width/console font for it, symbolizing that this is a webpage for a programmer (which I intend to become lol).

Thanks for your feedback!

Remove Ads