Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Please review our concept site www.flux.ooo

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    1.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please review our concept site www.flux.ooo

We are new company that will be launching products in 2017.
    This website concept is a brand builder that consumers will be directed to via the gumpf on the products.

The whole idea of the site is simply to get our logo into their head. Then to underpin what it stands for and what we stand for 'FULFIL INNER POTENTIAL'.

The website will include product pages in2017 but right now it is simply beta and focussed on getting the brand building concept perfect.

Already from other reviews, I understand we need to remove the intro (so please ignore that or say otherwise if you like it).

The text/ copy will also become clearer as soon as were at a stage where I can release the products and make the concept transparent. Currently some products are still in lab development.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Hopefully you like the brand building concept and the way it functions and feel free to add your own pixel in order to understand the full UX

REGARDS
    Luke

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    It was quite slow for me. Also, I still do not fully understand what the website is all about, which I suppose is the major problem.

Member #
    Liked
    2719 times
    Honestly, this pisses me off. It's nothing more than an egomaniacal art project for the sake of an egomaniacal art project. Let's toss around some nice-sounding words, put a video up, have people click on some guy's kneecap and they'll suddenly feel inspired to go lift boulders with their own genitalia! They totally will! Based on...we'll make them feel like they totally will!

It makes no sense. It serves no purpose. It's just a group of people (or possibly one person) who want to feel good about themselves. It's the interactive equivalent of one of those made-for-TV movies where the football star gets a rare disease and breaks his leg in seventeen different places and struggles and gets angry and throws things and yells at his girlfriend and then magically finds his way back to the end zone on a meaningless play in a meaningless game at the end of the high school team's regular season based on his ability to self-heal.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    Honestly, this pisses me off. It's nothing more than an egomaniacal art project for the sake of an egomaniacal art project. Let's toss around some nice-sounding words, put a video up, have people click on some guy's kneecap and they'll suddenly feel inspired to go lift boulders with their own genitalia! They totally will! Based on...we'll make them feel like they totally will!

It makes no sense. It serves no purpose. It's just a group of people (or possibly one person) who want to feel good about themselves. It's the interactive equivalent of one of those made-for-TV movies where the football star gets a rare disease and breaks his leg in seventeen different places and struggles and gets angry and throws things and yells at his girlfriend and then magically finds his way back to the end zone on a meaningless play in a meaningless game at the end of the high school team's regular season based on his ability to self-heal.
    Your feedback is appreciated. But also it is quite laughable is places too, remember this is brand campaign to compliment a range of products due for launch next year; for which you have no idea about at this moment. A bit like removing the branding from a coca-cola ad and saying the people in the photograph are pointlessly happy; just stating the obvious. So to say it serves no purpose; you simply do not know the purpose at this stage.

The reason for posting on here was not to question the reasons, but the designs and functions of the site we've built for our planned brand awareness campaign.

Thanks all the same for engaging anyway.

Member #
    Liked
    2719 times
    That's the thing with "branding", though...far more often than not, the people who use the term and derivative terms such as "brand awareness" and "brand engagement" don't have the foggiest idea how to actually go out and sell something and use these terms to mask their sales deficiencies.

Now, if there's another shoe to drop and it makes sense, okay. But if that's the case, then you really shouldn't be showing us this project at this stage because the other part of it would add context that is clearly missing now.

Is it possible that this Flux thing is the exception to the rule and that once it's complete will do some amazing things? Sure. But right now, it's not obvious and I can't see what you could come up with that would be. What you have is an interactive video that doesn't tell us what we're supposed to do and why we're doing it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    That's the thing with "branding", though...far more often than not, the people who use the term and derivative terms such as "brand awareness" and "brand engagement" don't have the foggiest idea how to actually go out and sell something and use these terms to mask their sales deficiencies.

Now, if there's another shoe to drop and it makes sense, okay. But if that's the case, then you really shouldn't be showing us this project at this stage because the other part of it would add context that is clearly missing now.

Is it possible that this Flux thing is the exception to the rule and that once it's complete will do some amazing things? Sure. But right now, it's not obvious and I can't see what you could come up with that would be. What you have is an interactive video that doesn't tell us what we're supposed to do and why we're doing it.
    Thanks again for replying. you actually sound a bit like me, because that is exactly the kind of thing I say. Having had experience with many so called 'magic circle' marketing geniuses, I realise that in fact many do not understand business. But I have built successful brands and sold one just 6months after launching even. I have an understanding; doesn't mean I always get it right, but I am aware and understand marketing.

The reason for posting at this stage is to correct the design and functions/ annoyances. Will go through a consumer focus group when the rest of the site is ready to go live.

Flux needs a lot of tweaks still and no doubt will do continually as it is a difficult industry that we're diving into and doing something a bit different, but personally I'm very confident in the strategy, which is complimented by a large product specific campaign that I am also very happy with (although it is under wraps until 2017 unfortunately)
    Thanks for the advice
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2719 times
    I'm kind of worried now. I usually don't sound like anyone but me.

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    I don't get it - maybe I'm just too old.The intro, the music, the design, nothing seems to fit what you state is your site concept. I also don't understand how this might help your branding,..

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    I don't get it - maybe I'm just too old.The intro, the music, the design, nothing seems to fit what you state is your site concept. I also don't understand how this might help your branding,..
    Thanks for your response. Just to reiterate, it is totally impossible for your to judge the concept and I can't release the full concept at this stage. So you simply can't comprehend how it will help the branding.

The intro will be removed and the loading section redesigned too, following feedback. This is why I wan't feedback on these sections at the moment, as are in a position to change things.

The music, most people have responded positively to this. We did include a mute function.

The design is the part of your feedback that would be greatly to hear in slightly more detail. What is it about the design that you have a problem with in particular. Again, nearly all feedback is very positive, but really open to hear negative feedback too. The more the better.

many thanks
    Luke

Member #
    Liked
    2719 times
    I think that's part of the problem here: you're asking for feedback on the aesthetic more than anything. The content, the products, the other pieces you mentioned are part of the design. They all fit together. This is why it's so difficult for anyone here to give you feedback; it's like reviewing a template to us. In other words, without the concept that you can't release, any feedback we give won't be of much value.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads